Chapter 02: Formal Introductions

T W O

FROM: JAYE CARTER <thecartermag007@live.com>

To: Linda Blake <sexymrspink@yahoo.com>

Time Stamp: May 04, 10:57 P.M.

Subject: Heartless

Dear Inconsiderate Bitch,

You are heartless.

You said you were down for me when we got together. Letting that big white nigga get to me is not being down! Kinda hoe are you when you know you owe me? It's been over two years and you still refuse to pay up! Kinda shit is that?

When will you learn? I'm tired of the games. You have no intention of giving me what I'm due.

So I'm taking what's mine.

See you soon,

Jaye

He was a crazy, cocky son-of-a-bitch with too much confidence to have just had his ass beat. A psychopath who had no intention of leaving her alone, he was too sure, too full of words that dripped in poison and were filled with hate. He was a threat to her well-being.

His ill intended message shouted it, but the motherfucker had another thing coming if he thought she would take that shit lying down.

Linda pressed delete. Yahoo!™ winked at her as his message was sent to wherever messages were once they were permanently erased. She ran her hands across the silk fabric of her robe, the fresh tips scraping delicately as her brain beat at her. She had orientation in an hour and didn't have time to deal with Jaye's bullshit. She grumbled, hefting herself up from her seat and dropping her robe on the back of it.

She sat at the foot of her bed, lifting her leg to roll a stocking firmly up her thighs. She repeated the ritual on the opposite leg before strapping her garter. Linda scrutinized herself in the mirror. Sexier by the minute, she teased before buttoning a light pink shirt over her lace-encased breasts then patting the material firmly against her sides. She leaned over, slipping the black pencil skirt over her thighs, zipping it firmly. Fat my ass, she smirked, You're just mad cause you can't have none of this. I look good! Pulling the sling-back heels onto her feet, she double-checked her face, the straight hump and the painstakingly pressed hair on her head before grabbing the black coat hanging on her door and her already arranged black tote of a purse. She waved bye to her kitty that lay curled on the couch as if it were her bed and locked the front door on her way to the garage.

Jaye would not ruin the rest of her day, she determined, she wouldn't have it.

Thirty minutes later, Linda grit her teeth as she drove around the cramped parking lot for the third time. Her truck would not fit into any of the stalls. Grumbling beneath her breath, she drove up the parking ramp into the garage of fancy cars. She found only one spot open and honked irritably as a big, black monstrosity of a Cadillac swerved into her spot.

"That's my spot!" She yelled as the door opened, "Now move your fucking truck!"

"Has my name on it, last time I checked," John looked up, "Linda?"

"John, come on! Are you kidding me? I have orientation in ten minutes!"

"It really has my name on it, I am John Zane, the COO and CEO of Zane Enterprises International. And I'm late. Hope to see you around."

"John!" He ignored her as he lifted some form of coffee to his lips and entered the elevator, "Asshole!"

"I've been called worse," he admitted as the metal doors closed in front of him.