CHAPTER 1

FALLING INTO THE RABBIT HOLE

     "GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

Shout a woman who's riding an orange scoopy and wearing a white helmet, she gave her best effort to pass through into the massive traffic with a fierce determined.

"Hey! Come back! You are not the only one who is in a rush!" yelled a truck driver behind her.

She smirked.

FUCK IT! I don't need your warning! My boss is gonna fire me if I was late!

By thinking like that, the woman still pushing her scoopy through the narrowed gap between cars. Now the others were starting to yell at her, too. Some of them even cursing her with indecent and inappropriate words. She leered an opportunity to escape the hell on the left corner of her eyes.

"You can't make me down by cursing me. I am not easy to break down!" she turned left her scoopy onto an alley, and almost got hit by a car from the other way. She froze.

"DO YOU WANNA DIE, YOUNG WOMAN?" shout the driver angrily.

She blinked, her throat felt hard to swallow. "I... I AM SORRY!!!"

After shouting in apology, her scoopy run so fast like being chased by a satan.

"THIS IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN IF THAT FAT OLD BOLDY MAN DIDN'T FORGET HIS IMPORTANT FUCKING DOCUMENTS! I HATE HIM FOREVER!" she yelled to the empty air and rode her scoopy ferociously.

***

"Hmmm... Excuse me. I am from PT. Angin Sejati Pembangunan. My boss, Mr. Heriawan had asked me to bring his forgotten documents. Where is the meeting being held? I can't commend it to strangers."

"And your name miss?"

"Lia. Amalia Rasyid." she put her helmet down onto the floor. Using the important document as an instant fan uncosciously. The other recepsionist squinted her eyes toward her, but she ignored her anyway. She was being amazed by the hotel's lobby. It was so spacious and neat. The furnitures were looked expensive, elegant, and so modern. Brown, white, and gold dominating the room. And a couple set of red couches adorned the view. There was a futuristic translucent statue with complex design near the stairs. She could actually can spend her time enjoying this fancy interior without a doubt.

"Miss Lia? Miss Lia?"

Lia turned her head and smile. "So?"

"You can go up to the third floor. Room A-5 on the left side when you step out from elevator. Mr. Heriawan has been waiting for you there impatiently. His voice sounded panic."

"Oh! Thank you!"she smiled broadly and trotted onto an elevator.

***

When Lia's index finger was about to push the elevator button, a large group of people entered the elevator in a hurry, which caused Lia to squeeze back and not press the button.

"Excuse me! Please the third floor! Can anyone push the buttons? "

Lia screamed for help, but none of them responded. Everyone was busy pounding at each other in a firm, fast voice.

She could only sigh and wait until the doors opened. The crowd inside the elevator was dense enough to push Lia forward, center, and forward again. The people spoke in a language she had never heard before.