Chapter 1~Pawless

I poked my head out of the soft leafs which mommy had covered me up in. My nose twitched as I smelt the crisp, fall air. The coast was clear. I crawled onto the dry grass and looked around. It was daylight but I could still see the faint shape of the no longer luminescent moon. No mommy in sight. I sniffed the ground and tried to pick up her scent but my snout wasn't working right.
As I went cross eyed trying to search for my nose, all I found was a chubby and peachy blob. I lifted my paw to squish it, but when I looked down I realized I had no paws! I had no snout, no paws, no tail, no fur! I was a pawless! Mommy had warned me about the Pawless. They were dangerous beings who destroyed homes and murdered families. I snarled at myself as I gaged in fear and disgust. No wonder my sense of smell was weak.
My nose was wrong. It made sense since I had the nose of a pawless. The coast WASN'T clear. I heard two clicks and looked around. I went back to the patch of ivy and ducked down. I felt a sharp pain throughout my hind leg. I was smothered in darkness. My conscience told me to hold on, but my body wanted to drift into eternal relaxation. It was pulling at me.
A sudden cold touch awakened me from my daze. The soft feel of a female pawless was like no other. It was as if an angel had lifted me up. I knew not to trust them, but her presence warmed me. I aloud myself to relax, ignoring the sharp pain.