Sing me a song

Connor's P.O.V-

My favorite song at the moment was playing on the radio and I couldn't resist singing along. I know I'm not a great singer but, Counting Stars by One Republic is just too awesome to ignore. When I started singing I noticed that I wasn't the only one, Sara joined in as well. Her voice was beautiful. I mean, it wasn't amazing but she was pretty good in my opinion. She should definitely try out for American Idol or The Voice, she could make it.

I wish I could sing like that. I decided not to let her know I could hear her singing and to just keep quiet. I was just afraid I wouldn't hear it anymore if that happened. She seems like the shy type of singer that isn't ready to show herself to the world yet. Besides I think her voice could use a little more practice to get even better.

I smiled to myself, listening to her voice while I drove in pure bliss.

After about half an hour of singing along to the radio Sara's eyes started to get heavy and the pitter patter of the light rain which helped lull her to sleep.

She looked so peaceful with her hair in her face and her hands in her lap. At the next red light I brushed the hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

I was smiling at her like an idiot, mesmerized by her beauty. A loud blare of a car horn quickly reminded me that I was still driving. I chuckled in my own embarrassment and stepped on the gas pedal. "I'm so glad she wasn't awake to see any of that." I said to myself in relief.

Sara's P.O.V-

~Before she fell asleep~

I was sitting quietly in the passenger seat enjoying the beautiful scenery of Minnesota when my favorite song Counting Stars came on the radio. I sang along, not really caring if Connor heard me or not. I was singing for a long time and afterwards my voice started hurting and the sound of rain made me sleepy. I decided to give in to sleep, I had a long day.

I think  I had only been asleep for ten minutes when I heard a car horn and then speeding off seconds after. He mumbled something under his breath, even though I still had my eyes closed I knew he was shaking his head. The tone of voice in the way he said that sounded embarrassed. Maybe I'll ask him about it later, but for now I'll go back to sleep.

~1 hour later~

I was awoken from my dream when I felt someone lift me up out of the car and start walking. I opened my eyes slowly, blinded by the shinning sun. Connor chuckled at me "Hello beautiful." he said with a broad grin, his eyes sparkling with admiration.

"Where are we going?" I asked him sleepily, still smiling from that wonderful compliment he gave you.

"To my house, I want to make you dinner as an apology for ruining your day." he said looking incredibly guilty. "Is that okay with you?" he asked looking worried.

"Yeah, this fatty needs some food!" I screamed pointing at my tummy and giggling. Connor laughed so hard he was gasping for air and he almost dropped me twice. I squealed both times and punched him in the arm. A millisecond later he yelled in pain, quite high-pitched I might add.

~20 minutes later~

I was in Connor's living room watching t.v when all of a sudden I saw black smoke. Then the fire alarm went off along with the alarm system. "Connor!" I screamed limping out of the room ignoring the extreme pain in your ankle.