Bedridden

POV Mori

"Welcome to the Vonstrangle household." A servant said opening the door. 

We all walked in and met Mr Vongstrangle in the dining room. My family and the Haninozuka's were here on business and Mr Vongstrangle insisted that our parents brought us. As dessert came we heard yelling and running. 

"Ms Ella you are not well." A voice said.

A small girl appeared in the doorway, her eyes widened. "Ella you ned to go to your room. If you want food the maids will bring it to you." Mr Vonstrangle said.

"But  there are people here father and I am bored." The small girl, Ella said. 

"Who is this?" Honey's father asked. 

"This is my daughter Ella. She is 17 and would be in the same grade as Honey and Mori, but she is too weak to go to school." Mr Vonstrangle explained.

"But I'm getting better for longer periods of time," Ella said. "I really want to meet new people."

"Oh please, can Ella join us! She is so cute!" Honey said. Her father nodded and Ella giggled. She sat between Honey and I. "I'm Honey and this is Mori!" She had long corkscrew pigtails on either side of her head. Her blue eyes had a constant innocent look in them. She was smaller than Honey and very thin. She looked very weak. "Mr Vonstrangle can Ella come to Ouran with us?"

"This is enough excitement for Ella. She's still too weak and could get hurt." 

"But-" Ella began to cough violently. A maid came and put a napkin to her mouth. Ella's eyes began to close as the maid picked her up to take her away. I noticed the white napkin start to turn red. 

"Is Ella okay?" Honey asked. 

Mr Vonstrangle looked worried. "It happens all the time. Her coughing fits followed by sleeping spells keep getting worse. She is my only child and I fear I might lose her soon. I'm scared she will fall asleep and never wake up." His eyes started to water. "A happy, loving girl like Ella does not deserve any of this but she-" He looked down. "I wanted your boys to come because maybe they could visit her every once and a while. She is always so lonely." 

"Of course," Honey said. "and we can bring the host club too!"

"Mr Vonstrangle. Ella is asleep in her bedroom and has stopped coughing." A maid said. 

The dinner ended there and we went back to school the next day. Honey went on about Ella to the host club. I smiled softly to myself remembering how cute she looked. The hosts decided to visit in a quick two days. 

"Hi, Ella we are back." Honey said as we walked into her hospital like room. 

"Hi!" Ella said weakly from her bed. The host club began to sit around her. 

"What a poor tragedy placed on this perfect princess," Tamaki said dramatically.

Ella giggled at him. "So why can't you come to school?" The Twins asked.

"Because I'm sick," Ella replied.

"But you don't look sick." They replied.

"I know but sometimes I have bad coughing fits and other things." She replied.

The hosts asked her a few more questions and made sure to make her smile. They left soon after to do homework. Haruhi had left flowers for her. Honey went to get sweets for us to eat together. He wanted her to try some of his personal favourites from a bakery in town. I sat next to her. She looked tired. I was about to say she could go to sleep until Honey got back, but then an alarm went off. 

"We have to go the underground bunkers. Our place is being broken into. Here are directions to the nearest." Ella handed me a paper. She got up and began coughing so I picked her up and ran. I noticed the blood that came with the coughing. 

I was able to find the room but Ella wouldn't stop coughing. We hid in the bunker and I set Ella down hoping she could tell me something to help her. I took off my jacket which had dots of blood on it. I grabbed a towel from nearby and put it to her mouth. That was the trick the maid did but it didn't work for me. Ella pointed to a cabinet behind me which had medicine in it. I pulled some out and followed the directions on what to give her. I was able to get her to stop coughing luckily. I pulled her closer to me as we sat together. My arms wrapped tightly around her and her head against my chest. Ella was breathing heavily. I was so scared that I might loose her. 

Soon her breaths returned to normal and she fell asleep. Thought she would still have hiccups in her breath. I wouldn't dare let her go now. Why did people have to attack then? Ella could have died. Ella... she has captured me with her smile and giggled. 

"Takashi," She muttered in her sleep.

I kissed her forehead and waited for it all to be over. After a while, the door opened and a familiar maid came down. "Is Ms Ella okay?"

I nodded. I stood and carried Ella out fo the dark room to her own room. Her father burst in just as I laid Ella down in Bed.

"You protected her?" Her father asked and I nodded. "Thank you so much." Her father walked over and looked at his sleeping daughter. "You've helped her so much," I looked at him. "Not just this but for visiting her and taking such good care of her. She use to be so sad and then you came along. Now she's as happy as can be." He looked at me, nodded, then left. 

I looked down at Ella. She was shivering under the many blankets on her. I laid down next to her and wrapped my arms aorund her then fell asleep.

POV Ella

I awoke warm for once. But I also felt better, not as sick. Big strong arms were wrapped around me. I know it was Takashi. He always took care of me in the best ways. He barely spoke but I always knew what he would say. I felt him bury his face in the side of my neck. 

"You were worried about me," I asked. He nodded. I brought my hands up and ran them through his hair. "Though were still able to protect me. You are reacting differently when I look really sick."

"You coughed up blood." He spoke softly in his deep smooth voice. He wanted to say more but I knew what he was going to say. 

"You thought I would die." I paused. "But it happens a lot." I felt his grip on my body tighten. I did my best to pull away so I could see his face. "Usually I cough up blood a lot more but since you came it has become less and less." My small hands rested on his cheeks. He looked worried. I pressed our foreheads together. He closed his eyes and leant in. His lips brushed mine before he quickly pulled away realising what he was doing. He looked away with blush on his cheeks. I couldn't help but giggle.

POV Mori

I heard her laugh. she was smiling, which was really cute. I pulled the giggling girl closer and kiss her cheek. 

"You missed." She replied.

I blushed once again and decide to actually kiss her on the lips. She kissed back and continued to run her fingers through my hair. when I pulled away she leant forwards a bit, reaching for the lips that were gone. I laid her head on my shoulder. 

"Promise me that you will always be here to protect me," Ella said.

"I promise," I replied.

I kept that promise for the next few years. We got married. She never left her bed and slowly got worse. I lost my little princess. If only she hadn't been bedridden.

I would have shown her the world if I could.