Grim Reaper(s)

When a soul is created, they are assigned a few things. Number one; a guardian angel. Number two; a life, and number three; a god of death.

What they make of that is up to them now, whether they choose a religion, to get married, to be stubborn; all sorts of fine opportunities!

The only thing that concerns my kind however, is the religion they choose. You see, we have a notebook or list that contains the names and lifespans of our assigned humans. When their lifespan is almost up, we go down to meet them. We let them have their last moments in the human realm and then we sail them to where they need to go.

When we escort a human, it sort of takes place down a large hall. But the hall is flooded with the souls of the damned. There are doors among doors of religions. If you're Christian, we send you to heaven, if you're a satanist, we'll send you to hell, and so on. I could go on, but there are so many religions, and new ones coming into play all the time! There's reincarnation, the afterlife, heaven, hell, paradise...whatever your dying heart desires.

I stood side by side with Jeriah, another death god, in the death realm.

"How are your people doing?" I started a conversation, gesturing to his notebook. He shuffled through.

"Eh, humans can be unpredictable you know? I got summoned the other day to one of my humans, Clarissa, who'd had an accident. Nearly had her early, but she pulled through." His disappointed tone shone through. I shrugged.

"It happens. I have a day off today," I mentioned. They came once in a mortal's lifetime, and most of the time I have no idea what to do with myself. I mean, this is my job! This is what I do! I'll just wait I suppose. Humans were always getting into accidents- I'm sure to be summoned soon enough.

"First time in awhile hey? Well enjoy it. Speaking of which, I gotta head out now. Heart attack expected in the next hour." Jeriah checked his stop watch and his notebook in the opposite hand. I frowned, confused.

"So early Jeriah? You're not falling for the humans are you? You know what the punishment is, right?" I warned him, glancing at his notebook. Alistair would have his head otherwise.

"No, Raven. Nothing like that. I like to watch the humans have their last moments. It strikes up interesting conversation down the river." He insisted, shoving his notebook into his cloak. I eyed him suspiciously.

"If you're sure..."

"Of course. If you're not busy you can join me if you'd like. Make sure I'm not fluffing around." He shrugged, gesturing off. I don't like to meddle with other Death's clients because they're almost personal. I scoffed.

"I believe you. Go have your fun." I waved him off and pulled out my own notebook again. He shrugged.

"Well...if you're sure. I'll see you around Raven," he stepped out and vanished, leaving a plume of black fog where he once stood.

And just like that I was alone again. The death realm was nothing if not dark. It's really bright in the human realm, so being there longer than I have to is almost torture. I guess the name of the place and the fact that it's really just a harsh monochrome...many humans think it is an evil place, just like hell. I thought of it more as a purgatory. We're not good, but not bad either. I mean, I'm just doing my job.

Jeriah was messing about with dangerous territory. Getting too close to humans can mean dangerous business for us. No one knows what happens, only that if you disobey the rules then Alistair will have you. No one really knows what happens after that. Alistair is a higher up, in charge of us reaper's, basically.

I sighed. I like to watch humans have their last moments. Was he being serious? Humans are weird, unpredictable and for the most part, boring. It strikes up interesting conversation...

What was so interesting about them?! I huffed and opened my book to a random page. I had to know for myself. Hitting a random name, I too vanished in a plume of smoke.

Charlotte Tinley

Alright Charlotte. Time to see what's so interesting about you humans.

///

Hello fellow wattpadders!! Welcome to my new story!! I'm so excited for this one, (mostly full of red bull and writer's inspiration, which will soon come to a devastating halt and crash and burn) but never mind that, enjoy my red bull extravaganza! ❤️

-infiniteembers 😊☺️ :)