♠ Chapter Three: I'm A Monster.

A/N: Sorry for not updating this book in forever! I've been busy with school! Enjoy!

Picture is how I imagined Carl looking like.

EDITED ON AUGUST 4TH, 2018 @ 9:45PM

***

CHAPTER THREE - I'M A MONSTER

Scarlet

"I'm sorry, Scarlet..."

My father started sobbing. My other father, Jake, tried to comfort him. "Please tell me I'm not..." I started off. I put my finger inside my mouth as I felt something. Fangs. I knew right then that my father turned me into a vampire. "D-Dad... Why would you do this to me?" I asked. Kyle looked up. "I know I promised that I wouldn't turn you into a vampire unless it was an emergency. But you were about to die, I couldn't let that happen to you." Kyle informed. "You should've just let me die, Dad! I don't wanna be a monster for the rest of my life!" I shouted.

I saw my father stand up. "Is that how you see us, Scar? A monster? I didn't ask to be a vampire. Your father, Jake didn't ask to be a vampire. I could've just died in the year 1513 but I had to be saved. Jake could've died in the year 1838, but I fell in love with him and I didn't want to let him go. So don't you dare call us a monster because your father and I never asked for this life!" Kyle shouted. My father sat down on the couch and started crying. My other father sat down next to him, trying to calm him down. Guilt swam over me.

My father, Kyle is a 900 year old vampire. Though he looked 18, the age when he was supposed to die. My other father, Jake is a 500 year old vampire. He looked 18 as well. I shouldn't have called them a monster. Even if they weren't my biological parents, they still cared for me like I was their biological son. They could've left me out in the woods to die. But they chose not too. "I'm sorry, Dad. I didn't mean to call you or dad a monster. I guess I'm just upset that this happened." I said. Kyle sighed. "It's all right, Scar." Kyle finally replied. I looked down. I couldn't believe I was actually a vampire. "How can I hide this from Jason?" I think to myself.

I guess it was finally time to admit. I had feelings for my best friend, Jason. Who wouldn't fall for him? He was always there when I needed him. It's not like he had feelings for me. Jason didn't even know that I had a crush on him. But I knew he would never love me back. He had a girlfriend. And I was like a brother to him. That's how it always will be. I told my parents goodnight and headed up to my bed. I flopped onto my bed and sighed. I unlocked my phone to see that I got a text from Jason. I smiled as I read it.

Jace: I heard there was a werewolf attack in your area. Are you alright?

Me: Yeah, I'm fine. I made it home before the attack happened :)

Jace: That's good. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you :)

I blushed at his latest text. I knew he meant it in a friendly way. But I couldn't help but think if he somehow felt the same as I did. I rolled my eyes at that thought. "Are you serious, Scar? Jake would never like you. After all, you are the faggot of the school." I thought. I placed my phone on the other side of my bed and within minutes, I was asleep.

I groaned as I heard my alarm ring. I got up to search for my phone and finally found it under my bed. I turned my alarm off and rubbed my eyes as I got out of bed. I got dressed in black ripped up jeans, black Converse, and a white Black Veil Brides shirt. To top it off, I placed a black beanie on my head. I noticed that my eyes were no longer a green color, but they were a golden color instead. Just like my parents eyes were. I looked at my fangs once more. "I wish there was a way I could hide my fangs." I think to myself. Maybe people at school would think they were cool contacts or something. After all, Jason's eyes were a silver color.

I said bye to my parents as I headed down to my bus stop. "Hey, Scar." Jason said as he walked next to me. We lived pretty close to each other so we would always walk to the bus stop. "Good morning, Jace." I said. Jason looked at my eyes. "Weren't your eyes green yesterday? How come they're a golden color now?" Jason asked. "Shit... I didn't think he would notice. Well, at least I have an excuse for them. If he saw my fangs, I don't know how I could hide that I was a vampire..." I think to myself. "They're colored contacts. I thought I would try some on. You didn't think this was my actual eye color and that they changed color over night did you?" I asked.

Jason sighed of relief. "No. I just thought you were turned into a vampire or something. Since vampires have golden eyes." Jason admitted. I chuckled. "Yeah, and I thought you were a werewolf because you have silver eyes." I joked. However, I saw Jason tense up. Like he was scared or something. "Relax, Jace! I was only kidding! Werewolves and vampires aren't real. They're just myths." I stated. Jason laughed it off. "You're right, I don't know why I got tensed up when you thought I was a werewolf." Jason said.

For the first time in forever, I felt like Jason was hiding something from me...

***

A/N: Again, sorry that this chapter took forever! I've been busy with my schoolwork and boring shit like that. Hope you enjoyed!

(In case you can't see the picture, this is what Carl looks like)