Darkness

As Lance looked around at the empty streets, Shiro smirked down at the small cloud of dust and light that created the small world the other was in. It was way too easy to trap the other man in his own nightmares. "Let's see what the rest of his mind conjures up..." Shiro mumbled to himself, watching as Lance started to walk. "Hopefully it won't be as boring as he is."

The tanned man gulped, noticing buildings that he hadn't seen in years. Buildings that were close to his childhood home. "Where... Where am I...?" He started to sweat nervously, looking behind him, a wall of black nothingness surrounding him from behind. A feeling of terror washed over him, starting to walk quickly towards a singular, run down house in the distance. He recognized it, a pit forming in his stomach. "Not there..." He put a hand over his forehead, forcing himself forward. "I thought I left all of that behind..."

Shiro stared down at him, a frown showing only a bit, a concerned flash showing in his eyes only for a moment as he continued to watch. "Something about his home... Is not right..."

Lance, being forced up onto the porch of his long dreaded childhood home, slowly opened the door, being greeted with yelling and screaming from his mother and father, siblings sitting in a corner. They were obviously terrified of the yelling. Lance immediately went over to them, picking up the youngest of them. "Hey hey... It's okay..." He told his youngest brother, taking him up the stairs. The others followed silently, Lance locking them into a spare room. "Don't come out..."

He made his way down the stairs, walking into the living room, seeing a sight that he was used to but not excited to see. His mom stood up against his dad, wine bottle and cigarette in her hands, his dad holding his hands up. Lance gulped, walking up to them. "Hey... Guys..." His mother pushed him back, yelling at him in sloppy Spanish. He sighed, looking to his father, who was basically the same as his mother, but a little less drunk. "Why do you both do this to your kids.."

His mother stopped, pushing Lance back. "What do you mean by that?!" She yelled at him, slapping him across the face, his father stepping in to hold her down. "Sorry, Lance.." He mumbled, pulling her into another room. Lance watched them, his demeanor turning from strong to broken in a matter of seconds. He sat on the ground, busting out into tears. "I hate it here..."

Above the cloud of dust and light, Shiro gulped as he watched the scene play out in front of him. He snapped his fingers, Lance appearing in front of him, passed out from the travel between one world and the next. The Asian man slowly picked him up, looking down to the tear stained face below him. "Why are you so filled with joy, when you came from that..?" He asked quietly, knowing that Lance couldn't answer. He took him to a small room, empty save a small bed on the floor and a window. He set the other onto the bed, looking down at him again. "I think I finally went too far..."