5 | jealous

EVER SINCE THE kiss, Sophie couldn't get Liam out of her mind. Nobody knew how much he meant to her. They didn't know that he was her best friend, they didn't know he was her first kiss, they didn't know he was her first friend, they didn't know him like she did. They especially didn't know how much she loved him.

She wasn't afraid to admit that she was truly, madly, and deeply in love with Liam James Payne. She knew that she loved him ever since the night her mum left and he stayed by her side all night.

Sophie was such a different person back then compared to how she was now. Back then, she loved reading and she hated sports with a passion. She loved to have her hair braided and she hated make up. She absolutely despised Batman and loved Spiderman. She hated the dark and fighting. She would always sleep over at Liam's whenever her parents were fighting and he would hold her all night and sing softly in her ear until she would fall asleep.

Now Sophie was a monster, really. She "hated" books, she supposedly "loved" sports, her hair always had to be curled, she "loved" make up, she "hated" superheroes, she was not scared of the dark, she was a bitch, and she "hated" Liam Payne. It was quite rich to say all that when she had just confessed her love for him. She truly did love him. So much that it physically hurt. When Sophie's mum left, she started cutting to show how much wrong had taken part in her life. Every cut for every mistake she made or everything that she caused.

After the kiss with Liam, Sophie wrote a song called Still The One about him. Despite everything that she had done to him, he was still the one even though she'd ignored him for about five years.

Sophie sat on her bed trying to figure out the first verse. She'd already come up with the Chorus, Pre-Chorus and Bridge, but she just couldn't figure out the verses. Then a light bulb went off inside her head.

"Hello, hello, I know it's been a while, but baby, I got something that I want to let you know, yeah, something that I wanna let you know-w-w."

"You say to everybody that you hate me, couldn't blame you cause I know I left you all alone, yeah, I know that I left you all alone."

"Now I'm back at your door, you're looking at me unsure, I should've seen it before, you're all I think about baby."

"I was so stupid for letting you go, but I-I-I know you're still the one, you might of moved on, but boy you should know that I-I-I know you're still the one, I know I'm saying too much, but I will never give up, I was so stupid for letting you go, but I-I-I know you're still the one."

Liam was Sophie's world and no matter how hard she tried to forget, she couldn't. She loved that man.

ฯฯฯ

SOON ENOUGH, ENGLISH class had begun again.

"Alright class! Settle down! Ms. Staubitz and I have been talking about adding more songs for you to write," Mr. Martin said, the class groaning in response.

"Keep in mind that you have two months to write three songs. That is plenty of time. So, write three songs by the due date. That is all. Partner up!"

Sophie looked over at Liam and he had his eyebrows crossed, tongue stuck out as he was writing in his notebook. He looked so cute. Sophie sighed in content just looking at him, however she knew that she'd have to approach him eventually.
Sophie walked over, sitting next to him. They both just sat there, never saying a word, until the silence became unbearable to her.

"Liam, speak, please!" she pleaded. He looked at her in amusement.

"Why should I? So you can kiss me and run out, again?" He remarked. Sophie blushed, but still answered nonetheless.

"Look, I'm really sorry, but it's over with. I know we're not on speaking terms, but can we please just work on the songs?" she asked. He nodded.

"Meet me at my house tonight." He said before walking out of the classroom.

Sophie never meant to hurt him. Maybe she could change his mind. It was worth a shot. It was the only shot she had left, at this point.