6 | the negative

After school, Sophie headed straight to Liam's house. His mum gave her another inviting hug and Nicola, Liam's other sister, asked if Sophie and her brother were dating, to which said girl laughed. Never in a million years would Liam like someone like her. Of course he did, but that was secret that Sophie needn't know about.

As Sophie walked to Liam's room, the music was blaring through the walls, but as she got to his door, there he was dancing in his underwear.

Damn, that boy has some abs! Wait. No. Bad Sophie! Sophie scolded her mind. She shook that thought out of her mind and looked back at him.

"You know it might help if you close the door." He jumped up as soon as he heard Sophie's voice and fell straight on his face. When he got up, he was a crimson red.

She said,"Oh Liam, don't be embarrassed. We used to bathe together. Trust me, I've seen worse."

He chuckled and grabbed his jeans, putting them on along with a sweatshirt. Sophie sat down next to him at his desk and they started going through ideas, lyrics, beats and eventually the songs were a masterpiece.

They came up with two beautiful songs that had so much meaning to them. One was called Through The Dark. Sophie secretly wrote it about her depression, but Liam didn't know that she had it, let alone that he was her light at the end of the tunnel. Then came their second song and it was just as beautiful, if not more. The second was called Strong. Truthfully, Sophie was the only thing that made Liam strong and that was what he wrote it about.

The songs were both amazing and Sophie just knew that whenever they sang together that it was magical. It was something about the way his smooth falsetto contrasted to her alto and raspy tone. The way their voices sounded like heaven together even though they were so different from one another. Sophie loved to hear Liam sing and he loved to hear her sing.

As Sophie looked at him, with his glasses shielding his beautiful eyes, she just knew that she had to get him back, whatever the cost. She would do anything that it took to be with Liam again. She needed him back more than ever. He was the only thing keeping her alive at this point and it just had to happen. Sophie had to have Liam as hers and no one else's. She wouldn't be able to bare seeing him with anyone else without breaking into a fit of tears. Sophie loved him and not anyone or anything could change her mind on the subject. She was ready to give up her reputation for Liam. He was that damn important to her that she'd give up anything to be with him. It was the price she had to pay for loving him and yet, that thought didn't bother her at all. As long as she had Liam, nothing else mattered.