Seven

Charley looked at Jennifer. She hadn't seen her sister in so long. "J-Jen. It's good to see you," she mumbled.

"I would say the same but you were screwing my husband," Jennifer said.

Max rolled his eyes. "What can I do for you?" He asked.

Jennifer smirked at him. "The divorce is finallised. You can finally get back to cheating with my sister," she spat.

Charley pulled away from Max. She looked at Jennifer. "I'm sorry. It just happened."

"Well I don't care."

Jennifer walked out. Charley pushed Max away. "I left Rochdale because I knew Jen would hate me. I can't be involved with you again. I'm engaged."

Max scoffed. "You don't want him. You want me."

Charley walked out and sighed. She needed to stop what she was doing with Max. She didn't want to hurt Mark. She loved him. Or so she thought.

***
Charley spent most of the day in the staffroom. Max walked in. "I'm coming to see my child tonight. I'm not disturbing her routine," he said.

"Fine. Mark will be there though. Any objections?" She asked.

"Grow up."

Charley left the staffroom and text Mark.

'Max is coming over tonight to see Poppy. Is that okay? - Charley Xx'
'It's fine babe - Mark Xx'

Charley smiled at the text. She knew she made the right choice by being with Mark. He made her happy but there was always something that made her go back to Max.

***
Charley went to the crèche to check on Poppy. She was asleep in her pushchair. Charley smiled. "I'm going to take her to the office with me," she said.

"Alright."

Charley pushed Poppy to the office and placed her in front of the desk. Max walked in and smiled. "Now there's daddy's princess," he said.

Charley smiled. She knew how much Max adored his daughter. "She's sleeping."

"I'm aware of that."

Charley sighed. She looked at Max. "Please don't be like this. I don't know what I'm supposed to do Max."

"Dump that fiancé. You and I have a daughter together. What do you have with him?" Max asked.

Charley rolled her eyes. "A relationship. He helped me with Poppy. No one else did."

"You never told me!"

***
The day had eventually ended. Charley went down to her car with Poppy. Poppy was wide awake. "Dada."

"You'll see him later."

Poppy squealed. Max walked over. "I'll be there around six thirty," he said.

"Okay."

Max kissed Charley's lips. She couldn't resist either. It was too tempting. Max pulled away. "See, I know you still want me," he said.

"Shut up."

***
Max pulled up outside Charley's flat. He got out of his car and went up to Charley's floor. He heard arguing coming from within. The front door opened and a guy stormed out. "Is this the prick you're shagging?"

"Mark, stop it. Not in front of Poppy," Charley mumbled.

Mark stormed off. Charley looked at Max. "Come in," she mumbled. She saw Poppy sitting on the sofa. "Look who's here."

Poppy got off the sofa and toddled over to Max. Max lifted her and her close. "What happened there?"

Charley sighed. "He told me that I'm spending too much time with you," she mumbled.

"Well we've a daughter. If he doesn't like that, then you should leave him," Max said.

Charley looked at Max. She genuninely didn't know what to do. Did she stay with Mark or give things a go with Max? She didn't know. Everything was going to become confusing.