CHAPTER 1

Ch. 1

Trouble

"ROSS! GET DOWN HERE NOW!!!!!!!" My full name is actually Rosie Parker. But I like to be called Ross.

My mom called from the living room. She always has to yell to get my attention. That's only because I'm always listening to heavy metal bands, or a rock band on full or max volume.

"ROSIE PARKER!!!!!!" My mother called in an annoyed tone this time. "GET DOWN HERE NOW." "COMING!!!" I say.

I race down the stairs and come to a halt when my mom looks at me with serious eyes. "What happened?" I ask.

"Really? You are in so much trouble. You completely wired the fire system to make the fire alarm ring. And on top of that, you put clear super glue to your teacher's chair, put a bucket full of paint on top of the door so when the teacher opened it, the blue spilled over her and the bucket landed on her head!" My mom said counting the number of things I did.

I burst out laughing. "The second one was really funny. She tried to get off her chair and found out after like, what, ten minutes, that it was superglue! Then she got up and the chair was stuck to her butt!" I say while laughing.

Well, you can tell I am awesome at pranking and just love to do it.

"You even skipped all of your detentions this whole year and lied to me that they canceled detention. So as punishment, you are going to live with grandma, for the rest of the summer and the following school year." My mom remarked harshly.

"Wait, your mom, or dad's mom?" I ask. That is an important question, because dad's mom is so darn nice, but mom's side is really strict. "I'm afraid it's my mom." My mother shakes. There are so many stories about how cruel she is and how she kidnaps children and hangs their heads in her bedroom.

"Oh darn. Why your mother? Why?" I cry. "Well, I think that a year which my mother will make you the girl I want you to be." My mom said proudly. "But, but... " I start off, but realize it would be no use.

My mom's mother lived in colorado springs, colorado. We lived in sacramento, california.