I Can't Stand To Be Away From You (A HP fan fiction)

This is my first story so please bear with me.

I do not own Harry Potter, sadly. All rights go to J.K. Rowling. I own Layla and any other characters or places I might make up throughout my story

-----

Layla's P.o.v.

"Where's your girlfriend, Longbottom?" Draco Malfoy spat wearing his trademark smirk. "Not here to defend you?"

Neville blushed and looked down. "Layla isn't my-"

"Can I help you, Malfoy?" I ask, folding my arms over my chest.

"Speak of the devil," he said. God, I hate that stupid smirk!

"Come on, Neville," I say grabbing his arm and turning him to walk away. "He isn't worth our time."

"Yeah," Neville said, blushing like crazy.

We make our way to the Great Hall and sit down with our friends. The truth is that I have had a crush on Neville for a long time and we are best friends. I met him on the train and helped him look for Trevor, his toad, and we've been inseparable ever since.

"Where were you two?" Ron asked, shoveling mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"We had a little run in with Malfoy," I said. "I took care of it."

"Okayyy. But, it's a lot more likely thatyou two were snogging in the corridor," Ron said, with a smirk. My eyes widen and I could feel the blush creeping up my cheeks. I glanced over at Neville who was as red as a tomato, too.

Did he know I fancy Neville? If Hermione told him she was going to wish she was never born, I thought. Hermione must have noticed me getting mad and changed the subject.

"Are you guys excited for the first task?" she asked.

"I am, I just hope Harry stays safe."

"Me too," Neville said shyly. I love how he's so shy, I think, smiling.

"What are you grinning about?" Ron asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh, nothing," I said, blushing.

"Suurre," Ron said, winking at me.

"I think I've had enough tormenting for one night. I'm going to head up to the common room." I got up from my seat and looked over at Neville. "Do you want to walk with me?" I asked. Please say yes, please say yes. He looked around to see who else I could've been talking to.

"Me?" he asked. He is just so cute!

"Of course, you," I said in a duh tone.

"Oh, yeah sure."

"No snogging in the hallways!" Ron shouted after us, both our faces turning scarlet again. Hermione will keep him in line....I think.

We made our way quietly up to the tower. I caught myself staring at him a few times. I hope he didn't notice, I thought.

"I'm gonna go off to bed before Ron comes and makes fun of me again," I said. He nodded. I walked over to him. I said goodnight with a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. Of course right when I kissed his cheek Ron came in through the portrait hole.

I'm never gonna hear the end of this.