friday.

beyonće

mama dropped me off earlier than usual, so I was stuck at the school with nothing to do for the next hour. I made my way into the school library, searching for a book on romance. I smiled seeing the sight of chris in the corner, I quietly made my way toward him. Little boy, had his hoodie on while sound asleep.

I laughed, shaking my head. I took a seat next to him quietly, not wanting to wake him. I gently took the book out of his hand, looking at the front cover. "The Great Gatsby" ... I said confused. I ain't know this nigga read 11th grade level books. no shade tho.

Interested, I turned to the first page to start the book off.

A good 25 minutes into reading the book, and Christopher was starting to wake. His eyes fluttered open, he looked at me all confused. I laughed at how goofy he looked. "Goodmorning." I greeted. He sat up stretching his arms out, taking one long ass yawn. "You were watching me sleep? That's sus.." he joked. I rolled my eyes, sucking my teeth. "No nigga, i know you see this book in my hands.." I responded. he snatched the book out my hand. "You stealing my books too?" he asked, sucking his teeth. I just looked at him.

"You bout extra as fuck.." i responded. He laughed, putting the book down. "All jokes, Bey." He replied. "I didn't know you read." I said. He raised his brow, scrunching his face. "Say what you trynna say, Beyonće." He said. "All jokes, Christopher." I replied. He lightly shoved my forehead, I was shook. "Big headed ass!" He said laughing.

"Listen little boy, we can fight if that's really what you trynna do." I said bossing up. "Psst.. fuck out my face" he replied. I got up, throwing my hair back in a ponytail. He stood up too. "You don't want these problems, little girl." He said smiling. he held his fists up, and I did the same mimicking him.

The Liberian walked up to us, taking her glasses off. "Y'all better take that mess outside." She warned. Sis had her hands tightly gripped on her hips. Chris and I apologized, grabbing our backpacks walking out laughing.

"Grace always trynna boss up on a nigga." Chris complained. I laughed, shaking my head. "And you oblige to her demands, no issue." I replied. chris glared at me. "Akekeke, that's what your laugh sound like." He joked, I slapped his arm. "Boy, shut up."

We walked outside over to where the food truck was. Chris offered to buy me a breakfast burrito.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked chris watching him bite into his food. He nodded his head, unable to talk 'cause his mouth was full. "Why are you with a girl like karrueche?" I asked. He raised his brow, wiping the corners of his mouth. "What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"She's so rude and you're the sweetest thing." I said laughing. He chuckled lightly. "We've been together since last year. She's cool, she just got trust issues is all" he defended. I sucked my teeth. "Mhm, that's gon' get her in trouble if she ever try to turn up on me again." I stated.

Chris raised his brow smiling at me.

"I don't need my girl and best friend fighting." He said before taking a bite of his burrito. I raised my brow. "I don't think trey finna get into it with yo girl." I said laughing. chris joined shaking his head. "I was talkin' bout you, stupid." He joked.

"Well, it's good you cleared that up 'cause I real life couldn't decide if i wanted you or Trey." I said nonchalantly. I saw chris looking shook from the corner of my eye, I lightly laughed. "I'm joking, little boy." I clarified. he sucked his teeth shaking his head.