8. You

M i c h a e l

"B-baby..please. Please d-don't go." He cried into my chest, fisting my T-shirt. My shirt was soaked with his tears. I held him by the waist into my arms.

"Cal.." I softly kissed his cheek. "I'll be okay. Just promise that you will be okay?"

"M-Mikey.." He said sniffling. "I promise."

"Okay..I love you." I cupped his face, wiping his tears away with my thumbs. I leaned down and brought our lips together. He kissed back hard and his lips shook violently. I tried to calm him by kissing him slow as possible, which eventually worked. His tongue massaged against mine calmly. He didn't want me to leave but I had to. Its for Lydia.

We didn't want to, but we pulled away breathless.

"I'll be back tonight baby. I promise you that." I kissed his forehead.

"I love you."

"I love you."

I stayed with him until he fell asleep. I gently laid him down and covered him with the blankets. I kissed him one last time before exiting.. after one last look at him.

I walked up to the loud, growling monsters on the other side of the gate. I sighed as I looked at each of them. They tried to reach at me but it was no use.

I saw an older lady, maybe a mother. She gargled blood in her mouth and hissed at me. I could only imagine her normal. She would be a beautiful woman. I noticed a man next to her with a ring still on his finger. He had a wife. Most likely he had kids. All of that is gone from him now.. He lunged at the gate, rattling it.

The small children, now with ripped open faces and missing ears and eyes.

"Michael?"

I turned away from the gate and looked at the door way where Isaac stood.

"Hey.." I said and looked back at the zombies.

"Uh..what are you doing? Are you ready?" He walked up next to me. His face was disgusted as they desperately tried to get to us.

"They were humans before." Is all I said. He just shook his head.

"True..but they're not anymore. They just want to kill you and eat you." He cruelly laughed.

"Okay..I'm ready." I cocked my gun. He just nodded.

"Okay here we go!" He opened the gate and within seconds, they rushed over to us. I killed the older lady whom might've been a mother before. I killed the married man. I killed the children.

I didn't feel the guilt though.

"C'mon Michael." He said and closed the gate, reloading his gun.

We continued on and it was quiet. We searched around for Lydia. Though we had no luck.

We called out for her a few times, resulting in a few zombies hearing us instead.

"Fuck!" I cursed and kicked a rusted can in the dirt.

"Michael!" Isaac scolded but I didn't really give a shit.

"Where the fuck is Lydia?" I groan.

"Man..I have not a clue.." He sighs, counting his bullets. "What time is it?"

"We left around 4.. so I reckon around 7?" I say looking at the sky.

"Should we go back before it gets too dark?" He questions, cocking his gun.

"Yeah..I guess." I mumble and walk towards the direction of the house.

"Wait! Michael.." He stops me. I turn around he is standing directly in front of me.