Chapter 2

After a very long discussion with Grandma this morning, I can't fire the devil until after ninety days. I couldn't even last the whole morning with him. He had drive me to work and everything. I've tried avoiding him since then.

I was checking my emails on my computer and writing down important information down into my notebook with a blue pen. Why am I being so specific with the blue pen you ask? Well, that's because I like to write in blue ink and the pen I'm using is running out of ink.

"Damn it." I muttered as the pen markings started to become faded lines. I pressed a special button that specifically calls my personal assistant. Usually the person would respond by now, but all I get is silence. I groaned and got up.

He'll be the death of me.

As soon as I got out of my office, I could see Kathy, the receptionist of the floor, openly flirting with Stryker. Can anybody say desperate? She probably slept with half of the men working in this building. And this is a fifty floor building and most of the men are married. The only reason why I kept her was mainly because she actually does a good job. Although, she does talk a lot and pretty fast.

I cleared my throat. They both stopped flirting and looked at me.

"Good morning, Miss Morneau." Kathy smiled.

"Good morning, Kathy." I smiled back and turned to Stryker and pulled him by him wrist away from Kathy.

"You're supposed to be at your desk." I hissed.

"But I wanted to become more acquainted with my beautiful coworker, Katherine. " He raised his voice at the end to get Kathy's attention. I could see a bit of a blush forming on her cheeks.

"Yes, but you're here to work for me and not her."

"Is someone getting jealous?" He smirked.

"No. I just need you to get me a damn blue pen and to just do your fucking job. That's all I fucking want. Okay?" I'm losing it. I turned around and went straight back to my office.

Amy keep your cool. I took a few calming breaths and slumped into my office chair. I turned one hundred and eighty degrees, and looked out the large window.

New York City. Yellow taxis, lit up signs and skyscrapers made the city lively. Even though it's known for the lights, during the day it's just as beautiful. Like, the way people walk quickly to get to there destinations, or the foreign tourists asking for directions every here and there. Let's not forget the beautiful noise of the city: different languages and the sound of different vehicles. I could just stare out at the city from this view for hours.

Strange for me to like it, but ever since Grandma brought me here, I've always adored it.

"I'm sorry."

I turned around a bit frightened.

There stood Stryker.

"What?" I said a bit confused.

"I'm sorry... For being such an asshole to you. I've only known you for not even a day. Plus you're my employer." His head hung a bit low.

"I got you two blue pens instead of one just incase." He placed them on my desk.

I still couldn't get any words to come out of my mouth.

He put a hand through his hair and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Is there anything else I can get you or...?" His clear eyes stared into mine.

Say something, you muppet.