Chapter 5: New York

Hermione

The next time I woke I was on a stretcher. My body was gently held in place with velcro bands. There was a lot of noise around me, so I opened my eyes.

I saw Draco across the floor. He was with Rose, who had he little crib thing attached to the floor.

"Draco?" I croaked.

"Hermione!" He cheered, running over to me.

He pressed his lips to mine. I sighed at the sensation. I couldn't remember the last time we actually kissed. The kiss held so much passion before he pulled back.

"Where are we?" I asked slowly.

"We're on a plane. We're on our way the New York City. I've got you and Rose transfered. They have much better doctors," he told me.

"New York? Where we were gonna move to?" I asked, my words slurring more and more.

"Yes, Love," he replied, playing with my hair.

"I don't feel good," I stated.

"Yeah, they used an awful lot of medicine to stable you enough to get you here. Rose is actually pretty healthy for her condition, so it wasn't hard for her. You, on the other
hand, haven't been too well."

"When we gonna get there?" I asked.

"Two and a half hours," he replied emmediately. "The hospital is already prepared for our arrival, so we can't be late."

"Stay with Rose until we're there... I don't want her to get scared," I mumbled, closing my eyes again.

He kissed my lips again before moving back to Rose. I fell back asleep.

~*~*~

The next time I woke, I was in a smaller area with two healers. A siren was sounding from the vehicle I was in. It was an ambulance.

"Draco?" I asked.

"He's in another ambulance with your baby a healer told me.

"Okay."

I still couldn't move much and I was uncomfortable.

~*~*~

When I was finally in the hospital, the healers were prodding at every part of my body that had a wound. They used spells and potions for ages. It hurt too, but they didn't knock me out like I wished they would.

~*~*~

I woke in a bright white room. It was another hospital room. It was weird, I couldn't remember falling asleep.

My body was sore, so I knew this wasn't a dream. I pulled the blankets off me and looked at my leg. The end of it was bright white, scared. My back hurt an awful lot too. I realized they used a muggle method the make it heal faster by taking a small layer of skin from my back and putting it on my leg.

Then, I looked at the higher wound, the one that keeps me from children. It was almost completely healed. Wow, there healers were good.

"Draco?"

When I got no answer, I looked around. There was a wheelchair next to me. I didn't have an IV or anything, so I tried to move it closer.

There was a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

Draco walked in with a worried expression.

"Hermione."

I was in his arms a split second later.

"How do you feel?" He asked me.

"A little funky but pretty good actually," I replied.

He sighed in releif.

"I have some good news, Love."

"Go on," I urged him.

"There is a baby here, same blood type as Rose. He isn't well and will die soon, so the parents want to donate us his heart."

Sorry it's been so long guys! I got my phone taken by my parents, and I had everything saved on it. I just got it back, so I started writing. I'll try to update soon.

-Kaylie