fai

A/N: Flashbacks are in italics.

Indra's eyes were full of rage and Clarke's weren't much easier. Their chests were heaving and their body language completely confrontational, Lexa regarding them both carefully before she took a long look at her general and then finally turning her attention to Clarke.

She studied her closely for any visible signs of injury and when she came up with nothing she sucked in a breath through clenched teeth and returned her sword to its sheath, casting them both a dangerous, reprimanding glare.

"What is this?" Lexa demanded, her back ramrod straight and her head tilted forward a little, her gaze darting back and forth between them.

"Skaikru laik branwada, Heda," Indra seethed, her tone mirroring her words in their distaste. She didn't understand why they were having to babysit this Skygirl at all. "Osir nou gaf taim en osir nou gaf ai disha veida op.."

Clarke wrenched her eyes from the ground and turned sharply to Indra. "-Insult me all you like."

Indra glared at her.

Clarke narrowed her eyes and took a step toward her. "Yeah I know some of your language. Call me what you want. I'm not just going to stand there and watch a boy get a beating-"

Indra turned abruptly to her Commander. "-She interferes with our culture and expects leniency. Em beda bilaik honon kom taim oso na lan em op."

"Em pleni, Indra," Lexa growled. This was the last thing she needed to be sorting out. She took in the anger in Indra's expression and the level of determination that ghosted across Clarke's face just behind her. It made her sigh, heavily, and she furrowed her brow. "Who is the boy?"

Indra fidgeted as she took a step back, turning away from Lexa a little. She was annoyed as petty squabbles between their people was beneath her title. "Theo," she hissed. "It is for Seth to deal with his second as he sees fit." She glared at Clarke, then, and gritted her teeth. "It is not for this Skygirl to interfere in things she does not understand."

Clarke raised her eyebrows. "He pushed him to the ground and drew his sword," she said quickly as she gestured in front of her with her hands. "Right in front of me."

Lexa shook her head.

"Lexa," Clarke breathed as she took a step closer to the Commander. She lowered her voice. "He was hurting him."

Indra scoffed as she cast her eyes to the roof of the tent. This was very unnecessary, and she knew the Commander would be thinking the same thing.

Clarke stepped toward Indra. "So that's the kind of thing that happens here? Random beatings of children for all to see?"

"Clarke," Lexa said coldly, silencing her instantly. Her tone cut through the atmosphere like a diamond through glass. "Where is Zeek? Jael?" It was one of the reasons Clarke had guards, after all. To ensure misunderstandings like this didn't occur.

"Zeek is with Seth," Indra grunted. "Attempting to appease him after an outsider thought she knew better in how to reprimand his second."

Lexa sighed. That wasn't good. She supposed there was an audience too when Clarke tried to defend Theo from his first. She shook her head, again. This was messy, and then she turned to her general. "Tell Seth I will speak with him later."

Indra equally knew how bad this looked to their people. The conqueror of the Mountain enforcing her way of life on the Trikru. If Clarke was going to continue, where would it end?