Prolouge

I hold the shiny, gray rim of the boat, running my hand over the polished metal. My silvery blonde hair is blown by the gentle wind as my deep, wolf-blue eyes look up at the clear sky. Today was a perfect day to end a great week of cruising.

My grandparents are very rich. I mean, very rich. Millionaires. They've done themselves good, which is lucky for me as well. Due to my grandparents being rich, my parents are rich, that means I'm going to be rich. Well, being rich has its downsides, too. Everyone thinks I'm a total brat. But, I'm not. Well, I don't like to think so. I don't brag about my money, I don't bring thousand dollar bills to school, I just act like a normal chick.

"Jamie!" I turn my head, my silvery blonde hair, wrapped in a ponytail, whipped around. I see my best friend, Angelica, speeding across the oak-colored floor. She launches at me, wraps her arms around my chest, and squeezes. I let out a squeal, my breath catching in my chest as I cling to the boat rim. Finally, Angelica steps back, her face red and an ear-to-ear grin on her face. "Are you coming?"

"For what?"

"Breakfast, silly! They're serving pancakes. And I don't want to be late!"

I shrug my shoulders. "Sure. Are the rest coming?"

"Do you think Brooke would miss pancakes?"

I chuckle. "Alright, let's go."

I stride across the cruise ship, Angelica bouncing beside me. Angelica is always filled with joy, I don't know where it comes from. It's almost unnatural. But, it makes me happy. She makes me happy. Shes beautiful, shes upbeat, she's just amazing. I'm so lucky to have her walking by my side, matching me stride for stride.

"How are the pancakes, Ms. White?" A tall, pale man with a tuxedo asked me. I gave a curt nod to the man, noticing he was sitting next to my grandma and grandpa. He is probably the butler for my grandparents. I thought to myself, taking a bite of my pancakes. After a few moments of neatly eating pancakes, I feel a piece of pancake splat on my face. Wiping it off with a growl, I shoot a playful look at my little sister's, Xia's, best friend, Macy. Macy's fork was aimed at me, and a sneer had spread across her face.

"Gotcha!" Macy smirked, shoveling another bite of pancakes onto her fork. Macy then aimed it at me again. Grinning, I pick up a bite of pancakes and begin to aim perfectly at Macy's nose. But, out of the corner of my eye, I see my grandparent's narrowed eyes at me. No words were needed to say. I lowered my aim and shoveled pancakes into my mouth, embarrassed in front of my whole, rich family.

I see a sympathetic look from Gabi, my oldest and best friend. Gabi is a nice gal; but she has a dark, depressing past. She always seems so... unsatisfied. When she was four, her older brother, Emmett, over drugged and died. Then Gabi's mom started smoking and hasn't stopped since. But, Gabi has been lucky enough to be basically living at the Scared Six's houses.

I know, 'The Sacred Six' is a stupid, immature name. My grandparents said the same thing when I told them about our friend group. But, no matter how immature, stupid, idiotic The Sacred Six is, they're basically my family. Gabi, Angelica, Courtney, Xia, Cindy, Brooke. They're my family.

Let's talk about Courtney. She's basically the mature pervert of our group. She's short, about 4'5. She makes sexual jokes all the time, which are funny, but also makes of laugh our sanity away. Anyway, she's pretty cool, but I don't think many people trust her. She just seems a bit... off.

As I mentioned earlier, Xia is my younger sister. She's about seven, while I'm twelve. But, Xia doesn't really act like she's seven. She's always wise and serious, quiet as the dead. She never got along with much of the kids at her school, but it seems like the kids at Xia's school refuse to get along with her. They snicker insults at Xia, but surprisingly, my younger sister just blows them off her shoulders. Xia claims that they're thieves, trying to steal her innocence, but she won't let them. That sentence right there is something you wouldn't hear from a perky little seven-year-old.