Falling For You

Chapter 1

My name is Erica Bailey. I'm in 12th grade.  My best friend is Devin Richards. We've been best friends since kindergarten. I live with my parents and little sister Erin who's in 4th grade. 

At this moment,  I was laying in bed talking to Devin on the phone.

"Hey Erica."

"Hey Devin, what's up?"

"Nothing really." He sounded really bummed out.

"What happened?"

"Jennifer and I got into another argument. " Devin said glumly.

I sighed. Jennifer White. Devin's girlfriend and a total bitch. She was the most popular girl  at school. Every guy wanted her and every girl wanted to be her. Except me. "What about?"

"Well, today I called to wish her a Happy Anniversary and she got angry because I called while she was talking to Lindsay. Can you believe that?"

Lindsay. Jennifer best friend who was almost as bratty as her. Also widely popular.

"Why didn't she just put Lindsay on hold?" I asked finally.

"I don't know,  Erica. I wish I knew. Maybe it is my fault.  I should have waited until later. "

"Oh my God, Devin," I sighed.  "It's not your fault.  You were being a good boyfriend by calling."

"Yeah, I guess so," Devin replied. "Oops! Erica, I gotta go.  She's calling right now. See you Monday. Love ya!"

"Bye Devin." I smiled and hung up.