Demons

Your eyes they shine so bright

I want to save that light

I can't escape this now

Unless you show me how

~ Demons by Imagine Dragons

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Stop. Get Away, I will poison your thoughts. I live through this battle, I live through all of the pain, I live it you you don't have to. The innocence in your eyes is bright, don't let me dim them. You mean the best. I have to hide the truth. Help me by just being here.

She walked away. I sighed.

Why would you think that she would care? She hates you like all of the others.

I try to block out my thoughts, i can't have this happen today, but that's what i tell them everyday. They are demons, trying to ruin my life even more than they already have. I have lost my self worth, every positive thought I've had gone. I see negative when i look at myself. I shivered, i can see my breath in the moonlight.

You should die. No one likes you. Now one would miss you.

I sunk down in the corner. I can't do anything about them. I bury my head in my hands, and begin to cry. The tears freeze on my face. I hear footsteps. Normally, I would care but right now I don't.

A hand touches my shoulder. It's her. She brought a blanket, and offers me a hug. I sobbed into her shoulder, despite every fiber of my being telling me it's wrong. She could help.

I stop fighting my mind, and I let her in. I can only hope that my darkness will start to turn to light.