Chapter Three

"Finn, hurry your ass up so I can use the fucking bathroom."
"Caleb, calm your tits."
"Here you go." Finn said, bowing down to Caleb as he stepped out of the bathroom wearing just a towel. "Go put on some clothes, Wolfhard, no one wants to see that." Sadie commented, walking past the line for the bathroom, which now consisted of only me. "Except for Millie." Noah quickly commented before ducking so my hand went over his head instead of into his face. "Caleb, please hurry up in there, it's been a long day and I'm tired." I told him while he walked in. "I don't have to shower and I do not need the entire bathroom just to brush my teeth, just get in here."
"Wow, Mills, two guys in one day." Gaten said, walking into his bedroom, resulting in Caleb quickly flipping him off. "Don't forget we share a room, Matarazzo, I could kill you in your sleep." Gaten's smile faded and he closed the door behind him. "You gonna brush your teeth or...?"
"Right, wouldn't be surprised if Sadie killed me for bad breath."
"Oh she would."
"I feel so safe, sharing a room with her."
"I feel more sorry for Finn, personally. Noah's the one that's killed the most people."
"You mean quiet Noah the cook?"
"Not who you expected, huh?"
"Definitely not."
"Why are you wanted by the way?"
I quickly spit out my toothpaste and rinsed my mouth. "They think I killed someone." He also spit and rinsed. "Think?"
"He's safe, in England. What about you?"
"Car theft, kidnapping. No murder, though. Making the two of us the only ones without blood on our hands."
"Even Gaten?"
"Only one."
"Still, that's a human life."
"Just go to bed, Millie."
"Right, goodnight."
"Goodnight." With that he walked into his bedroom, once again shutting the door behind him. I quickly walked to Sadie and I's room.

"Took you long enough, thought you'd stay out there all night." Sadie mumbled, not looking up from her worn-out book. "What book are you reading?"
"Hunger Games Mockingjay."
"You like the series?"
"This is only the nineteenth time I've read it."
"Now that's dedication."
"That's only having four books, three of them being Hunger Games, the fourth one being the Hobbit. By the way, Dyers managed to get the stuff you had on you when you were arrested. It's on your bed in the bag." She still hadn't looked up. I quickly opened the bag to find my clothes, shoes, sunglasses, phone, headphones, charger, Graceling (my favorite book), and the pin I had just bought for my brother. A Mockingjay pin. "You know, Sadie."
"Hmm?"
"Since you're such a big fan of The Hunger Games and I'm not yet and I can't reach my brother anymore, you should have this." I extended the pin in her direction and she finally looked up. "I can't take that from you, Millie."
"After everything you guys have done for me, it's the least I can do." She still seemed unsure so I just put it on the windowsill at the head of her bed. "Goodnight, Sadie." I said, getting under my covers. "Goodnight, Millie." She whispered, turning off the light.

"UP AND AT 'EM EVERYONE." Gaten yelled through the house, effectively waking us all up. "Who needs alarms when we have Gaten's biological clock." Sadie grumbled. "Mornin' Sadie." I said, yawning and stretching afterwards. "Good morning." She jumped, like actually jumped, from her bed and changed in less than twenty seconds. "What's the weather like?"
"Jeans, tee, flannel." She replied before practically running out of the room. "And hurry up before we're out of breakfast." She added when she was in the hall. "She's not kidding, breakfast is first come, first served." Finn said, his voice almost an octave lower than usual, before power-walking to the living room. I quickly threw on the clothes Sadie had told me to, going for all black apart from the flannel, which was red with blue. Before I ran out of the room I decided to put on the ring I used to wear 24/7 before I was arrested.

"We left you a slice." Noah said after swallowing his mouthful of bread. "Thank you." I said, sitting down between Gaten and Finn. I grabbed the chocolate-covered slice of bread and started eating it. "Want some tea?" Gaten asked, holding out the teapot. "Yes, I'm mostly asking this because you're British, by the way." I looked at him with wide eyes, I'd made sure to keep my American accent while talking to them. "Your British accent shines through when you're tired, both Sadie and Caleb heard it." Noah explained. My face went red. "I'm sorry, people tend to judge me for my accent."
"My southern accent is stronger than Gaten's heterosexuality but I still use it." Gaten smacked her over the head. I snickered. Those two. "I'm not gay, Sadie."
"We'll see, Matarazzo, we'll see. I have a bet going with Caleb about it. But since Caleb is blind as an axolotl, I'm gonna win." Noah almost spit out his bread at that. "Keep it in, man. Don't want to be covered in bread, again." Finn said. "Now this is a story I wanna hear." I said, resting my head on my hand. Finn quickly pretended to smack me and I pretended to fall back. I saw Gaten and Noah give each other a look. "Oh shut up." Finn said, rolling his eyes at the two. "So, what do you guys do all day?" I asked, changing the subject. "Figuring out ways to stay alive for the next four years until the next election." Sadie said before taking a sip of her tea. "Sounds fun, so what can I do?"
"Depends, what were you in for?" Noah asked me. "I pretended to have killed someone so he could be safe." At that the others fell silent.

"You're innocent?" Noah asked, eyes wide.

"You're innocent?" Ava asked me, obviously doubting me when I told her why "uncle David" couldn't visit us anymore. "He's safe, Ava, but I'm not. I might be arrested soon. When that happens, look after Charlie, okay?"
"Okay, Millie."
She was so young but knew how to handle responsibility. When I was her age our parents were killed by government forces for trying to expose a huge fraud history. Charlie broke down and I carried the family. Now it was her turn. Two days later I was arrested.

"Yeah, Noah, I am." I said, tears in my eyes because of the memory. "Mills, are you okay?" Finn asked me, putting an arm around my shoulders. "I need to find my sister, Finn. She's only ten years old and taking care of my older brother. I left her alone." Finn softly guided me to his room where I fully broke down, letting tears fall freely. "We'll find her, Mills, I promise."
"Thank you, for everything."
"You are so welcome."
We hugged for a few minutes before Sadie knocked on the door, telling us Finn was needed on the roof. I walked out with him.