Stardust // part three

Cassian looked at Jyn, waiting for her to say something. She took a deep breath to clear her mind, before explaining her idea to Cassian.

- I know that we are seriously injured, but it's our only chance to get the fuck out of here. They are probably looking for the troopers left before leaving this bloody planet. You see the three on your left? -Cassian nodded, looking at the three stormtroopers who were walking next to him.- You take the taller one, I take the others. We have to be quiet, either way there will be more and we won't be able to handle them.

- Yeah... but why do I get only one of them? Jyn laughed.

- You can barely walk, idiot.

They knew that plan was crazy, and it will probably, well, it won't work. But they had to try. They went through so much, they just couldn't give up now.

The both of them stood up. With a strength that came out of nowhere, Jyn ran as discretely yet fast as she could with Cassian just behind her. She jumped on the back of the shorter one, the both of them fell on the floor with her on top of him. He tried to reach his gun, but she quickly disarmed him and pointed his gun at his face. She looked away, knowing that even though he had probably killed a lot of innocent people, he was still human. Just like her. The shot fired and she felt his body unconscious under hers.

She should have stood up, watched behind her and kill the last one like she told Cassian. But she just couldn't move, and she didn't even knew why. She stayed on the floor. The gun still on her hands.

When she felt the cold sensation of metal on her temple, she knew that it was too late. The trooper behind her pulled the trigger and she closed her eyes, before hearing a shot.

When she opened her eyes, the stormtrooper's body was laid on the floor and she heard Cassian's soft voice. "I've got your back" he helped her stood up, and faced her. "Always".

She messed up. He could have killed her, he could have killed Cassian. Just because she wasn't capable to move after killing a murderer that deserved it. Thought, they were murderers too, both of them killed an incredible amount of people, in the name of what ? The rebellion. She laughed, not a real laugh, a dark one. They deserved to die too. Why was she even still alive?

- Are you okay ? Cassian said, looking at her with a concerned face.

- No.

He didn't say anything, he just hugged her tightly, and kissed her on her forehead. They stayed like that for a few seconds, before realizing where they were and left each other.

- We'll be okay. I swear. He said, and she trusted him.

They quickly put on the stormtroopers suit, Jyn was surprised that the others troopers didn't noticed them, before remembering that they went through the explosion too and their mind were probably as fucked up as hers.
When she and Cassian were ready, they ran toward the ship that was about to leave. The soldiers that were inside let them in without asking a single question, and when the both of them were sitting at the back of the spaceship together, alive. She finally let herself find some peace and fell asleep in the arms of the man that she loved. Even though everything wasn't over, she somehow felt free, and she never thought she would be able to.

X

Hi!
I'm sorry -again- for my bad writing and English skills, but hey I tried at least
(Am I going to say sorry every time? Probably.)

Bye!

L.