9√Nine√Nueve

Folly's POV

Waiting outside, I anxiously lean against Talon's car. I was just about to give up and cower away but at that moment he decided to walk out with a huge smile on his face. I felt my lips twitch at his contagious grin but in that exact second I notice Taylor, the new girl. His hand was around her shoulders and she shyly looked up and him with a soft smile.

I've been replaced.

Well that's what I wanted right?

As my face crumpled, I looked away just as he looked up. Leaning off, I turn to walk away ignoring his calls.

"Folly wait!" I hear louder from behind me and I speed up. He grabs my elbow and swings me around towards him roughly. I gasp while tears spring to my eyes unintentionally. "Shit. Beauty I'm so sorry."

He didn't mean it.

He didn't mean it Folly.

I try to calm my breath as I hyperventilate.

"Folly, breathe, I'm so sorry." He says cupping my cheeks and I flinch away while the tears fall.

Pathetic.

I turn around quickly and sprint away, already embarrassed enough.

"Folly!" He yells again, louder and I close my eyes not stopping. Bending a corner I briefly look back to find that he didn't follow me.

Sighing in relief, I slow down realizing that I had a lot of time remaining to get home. 

I forgot to ask my dad for permission though.

Damn! I'm so sick of this!

Finding a bench, I sit and cry. I couldn't hold it any longer.

I lean forward on my knees and bury my face in my palms. Sobbing, I didn't notice the black car that pulled in front of me, or the person that sat next to me.

Strong, warm arms pull me into embrace and I frown. Then I smelt him.

Welp, that sounds weird.

"Talon." I whispered sniffing, surprisingly melting into his huge form. 

"Yes princess, it's me." He pulls me onto his lap and I blush. 

Damn him.

"Shhh." He coos while stroking my hair and I close my eyes.

-------------

"Folly, I think we should get you home." A voice whispers, slightly playing with my ear.

Home?

Then where am I?

Sitting up, I groan slightly.

"What's the time?" I ask groggily.

"Only 7:30." He replies still trying to play with my ears.

I smack them away and my eyes widen

Dad got home 2 hours ago!

"No. No. No" I whisper getting up.

I've never been later before...I don't even want to imagine the consequences.

"Wait, what's wrong it's pretty early." Talon says looking at me as I grab my bag.

"No..I-You don't- won't understand."

"Then tell me! Let me try to understand!" He exclaims and I turn to him annoyed.

"I can't! Okay?! I-I can't. For the safety of both of us." I tell him and he stares at me looking like he wanted to say something.

"Fine. I'll get you home." Is all he says and I sigh in relief, but still my heart feels heavy.

We both get in and Talon is driving just a little to slow.

"Can you...speed up a little please?" I whisper and I sense him look at him. He does it nevertheless.

Arriving home, I thanked Talon quickly noticing the light in the kitchen on. I run up the front steps and knock with my heart beating so hard it hurts.

The door swings open at the same time something hard connects with my cheek and I cry out in pain as it feels like millions of needles are stuck in my face.

____________________

Talon's POV

I nearly spit out the coke that I was drinking as I witness Folly get hit with a bottle, looks something like whiskey. I hear her cry, but it's faded. I only came back to return her phone but now...

He steps over her, whoever he is, and yells something indistinct, she looks like she's saying something back but I'm to far to hear. He uses his fist and slams it down on her face, this time I roll down my window as she rolls over.

He was about to hit her again, but I couldn't watch anymore as anger clouded my vision.

"Hey!" I yell at him, basically breaking open my door.

Sprinting towards them with long strides he looks at me with a smug look.

"So you're the one whose been seeing the little slut." He says and I swing at him without warning.

"Talon!" She yells sitting up. Blood was dripping from her nose and the whole right side of her face was bleeding.

"Shit Folly, why didn't you tell me?" I ask softly walking towards her. I'm pretty sure whoever the man was he's knocked out.

"Talon just get out of here, I'll clean this up." She says holding her arms up looking towards the man.

"Wait? What? No Folly, we need to get you out of here." I state grabbing her arms and she flinches.

"Folly I'm not going to hurt you." I tell her as she tries to pull away.

"Talon stop." She tries to say sternly but I only sigh frustratingly.

"Let me help you. You can't stay here like this! And when he wakes up and I'm not here, what're you going to do?!" I yell and she flinches so hard that if I wasn't holding her she would've fell.

I was about to apologize when tears started streaming down her face and she yanked her hand from my grip.

"Stop!" She yells. "Just please! Stop!"

Her voice cracks at the end and I frown.

"Folly I-"

"Oh my lord! I'm tired! I'm so tired. I'm being dragged in all directions, I-I I didn't ask for this! I tried to save her okay?!" She sobs and it looks like she's talking to herself for a moment, rain starts falling but I don't move. "And-And, every single time, I try and make up for it. He says he wished I was dead?! I tried to kill my self, it didn't work! And I tried again, and again and again. I plead every night, lord knows I beg, I beg for it to stop, because I. didn't. mean. to."

I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled her into my chest and hugged her as she cried.

"Talon, I swear I didn't mean to." She whispers still sobbing and I hug her tighter.

She didn't mean to what?