27. Twenty-Seven. Veinte y siete

Folly's POV

Driving to school, I feel anxious. Ever since last night I just have this weird feeling that I can't shake off.

Talon is awfully quiet and I can't seem to stop playing with my hands. Arriving at the school, everyone's looking at me with eyes of pity.

What the hell?

Before I push open the door to the school Talon pulls me into his chest and at this point I'm really confused as both Rider and Landon stand behind him looking sorrowful.

Pushing open the door, everyone in the hallway turns to look at me and its awfully quiet. I walk slowly as I hear the intercom come on.

"Well guys looks like the center of attention has arrived. Hi Ms. Green."
Taylor.

Taylor white.

Aka the sister of the jock who pushed me down and threatened me.

Then it all clicked that voice it was his!

He couldnt kill me...he couldn't handle it. So what're they up to now?

"So, Folly, would you like to tell us about this nicely written paper? It's kind of crumbled up but the words aren't." She sniggers and I am utterly lost.

"Wait here's another one!" Someone comes near me and picks out a crushed paper from the side of my backpack.

The paper I forgot to give to Talon...

"Give me that." I mutter grabbing it from his hands and I hear rider release profanities.

"Really!" He nearly yells but at that moment I can't focus. I can't breathe. The air is seriously tight here.

The words flash in my mind at the same time betrayal does

  "She was beaten on the ground outside of her house......."

         "Abusive father....."

    "I saved her...."

           "Marks everywhere...."

    "They were gruesome...."

           "She cried a lot at first...."

          "He hit her with a glass bottle...."

   "She begged me to go....."

I drop the paper and turn to the boy with tears as the intercom reads out all details of what happened the last night of abuse and how I reacted.

Only one person knew.

Only one person that I would trust to see me in that type of state.

Standing in front of that person I raise my hand to sleep him but instead I am racked with sobs as some students start whispering and some giving me looks of pity.

"Let's go." Talon says grabbing my hand.

"Don't touch me!" I yell at him ripping my hand away and he flinches, looking at me with pure guilt as his shoulders sag.

"Folly I-"

"Why? Why Talon Why?! I would never do that to you! You didn't even ask me if it was okay! That's my life you're writing about here Talon. My. Life. And it isn't a very simple life. At least tell me you knew this was about to happen.. You knew last night didnt you. You knew! I never told anyone for a reason! But I trusted you. I allowed you to see my broken side. I could just shoved you away. I could've stayed quiet. But I opened up to you and this is what you do to me?!"

"I didn't know she would catch hold of it!" He tries to tell me reaching for my hand again but I pull away.

"You weren't supposed to write it without my permission in the first place!" I yell. "At least then I would be prepared for it. And what hurts me the most. Is that you never even mentioned it to me. You hid it. I still know nothing about your past, do you understand where I'm getting at? All these secrets." I scoff, wiping my tears and turn on my heel.

"Yes! I was abused. Yes Talon helped me! Now please, mind your business."
I turn back to Talon and shake my head, brushing past him.

"Rider. Take me home please. My real home."

"Sorry man." He murmurs to Talon who looks so sad as he stares at me.

"Folly...-"

"Ill wait by your car." I tell Rider walking out.