Chapter VII: We meet again

Announcement: I WON'T be active here on wattpad and WON'T be posting any chapters or stories these coming days. I have exams coming up and so many requirements to do. Wish me luck, guys :) Oh, and happy ash wednesday! 

Chapter VII:

We meet again

Tick tock, tick tock. 

     How long has it been already? 30 minutes? Is it more than an hour? Or even maybe the whole damn morning? The ninja who was supposed to guide her was really late and she was starting to get impatient. It was already noon and she was just wasting her time sitting here and waiting. She could be out there, looking for him, but no, she has to wait for whoever this escort is. Her body was still weak, but she didn't care, she just wanted to see him again. But secretly, deep down inside her, Isae was thankful he was late. She was able to get some time to think of how introduce herself to him. As they say, the impression counts. She thought of really cheesy and idiotic stuff like, "Hey, long time no see," or "Hi, I missed you," or even "Hello, do you remember me? I am Tsubasa Isae, you know, the one who saved your ass 2 times and cried in front of you like a fool, and trusted you even though you're supposed to be my enemy and..." Okay, you probably get the point.

      She doesn't even know if she'll ever remind him about before. She was afraid to be humiliated because he might've forgotten about it, or worse. She was doubtful of herself, she doesn't know if she can actually have the guts to even speak to him once she takes a glimpse of his face. She was going to be really shy, I mean who wouldn't? After talking a friend who you didn't talk to in years, you can't just pat him on the back and say, "What's up?" That's just a big 'X' in Isae's book, or well, almost everyone's book. She was thinking about it so hard on what to do or say until she finally gave up and got tired of thinking about it. She wanted to be smooth...and casual. And then find the right time to ask him about it. For Isae, she thought of it as a perfect plan. Maybe she can get through this. 

     "Hello?" A male's voice said as she heard footsteps coming closer. She looked toward the source of the voice until she saw something that made her heart suddenly beat faster and her jaw drop to the floor. "Hey," He greeted with a small wave. He flashed an eye smile that gave Isae a nostalgic feeling. Her chest started to tighten and she started to feel butterflies in her stomach. What is happening to me? She thought. "I'm Hatake Kakashi, the ninja who will be with you in Konoha until you leave." He introduced himself. And that's when she finally confirmed all the questions that has been roaming inside her mind these past days. This man before her really is Hatake freaking Kakashi. "And you must be Tsubasa Isae, isn't that right?" 

     Isae swallowed the lump in her throat as her hands started to moist. Remember when she thought that she can get through this? She takes that back. She was starting to doubt herself if she can even make the first 10 minutes. "Y-yes," She replied as her cheeks flushed bright pink. She mentally slapped herself at her stuttering. That was so being casual (note the sarcasm). She was sudden becoming conscious about her appearance so she tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. She was grateful that they finally gave her some clothes or else she would be facing him half naked.

      "Well that's great." He said blankly. "Then what are we waiting for, let's get out of here." Isae suddenly felt disappointed. She didn't expect this to happen. She expected that they would have warm hugs, lots of laughter and a bunch of stories to tell, but of course, this is reality, anc nothing ever goes your way. Isae suddenly felt idiotic and naive for thinking of such a thing and she wished she could just dig a hole and bury herself alive. She let out a sigh.

      "But aren't we supposed to wait for her?" Isae asked, she was referring to Tsunade. She finally decided to just act cool and normal and maybe try to give some hints so that he could remember about what happened to them in the past.