All The Time

Ten – All The Time

Thought I had all the time in the world to...
See you smile
Watch your eyes light up
Hear your voice
Seek your advice and guidance
Love on you just a little more

Guess the man above had other plans
I never question him
But would it be going out on a whim to wonder how I'm going to live without you

Seven couldn't contain the bright grin on his face while surveying the woman he'd grown closer to in just a month's time. She was beaming, her pretty lips stretched upwards in a wide smile. "Well, I'm sorry this has to be our first meeting Seven,"That was Kira, Rayne's mother, speaking to him. His grin grew a bit deeper then. "No, I don't mind. I was sure Rayne was hiding me from you and Kaori anyway."He chuckled teasingly. He didn't even have to glance at her to know that she was looking at him. He only laughed a bit harder after finding that he was correct in his assumptions. She gave him a jovial roll of the eyes once she found herself chortling along with him. "I believe you. She would barely mention you at one point in time, and now we can't get her to shut up."Kaori wore a taunting smirk.

Rayne's cheeks tinted with a light blush at that. "I wish y'all wouldn't talk about me like I'm not here."She said after finally being able to find her voice. "You know it's true, Ray,"Kaori rendered, still purposely picking with her. Seven had never seen his girl smile so much within the short time frame he'd known her. He was sure a lot of it had to do with her finding out her mother's cancer was declared in remission only a few days ago. He remembered how ecstatic she'd been after receiving the call that her mom would be able to return home. He watched quietly while Rayne gently pulled her mother up from her bedside. They held onto one another, their smiles nearly identical. "I'm so glad things are looking up for you mommy."Kaori said, her current task being to empty out the small closet space that her mother had been given.

Kira Akiyama held onto the hands of her daughters, her eyes opened into thin slits, "My God always comes through, and I believe him when he tells me he's going to make things alright." He could tell that she too felt relief, because her countenance showcased it. She was glowing with a new found look on life, and he wished he'd brought his camera along to capture the moment. "You're right mom things are better than ever."Rayne's darkened gaze suddenly shifted to his. He could see the heat in them – the new found hope. He was glad that he was able to give her that again. He couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so deeply for someone. It amazed him how real their connection was despite the time frame.

"Guess, I have a little to do with that, right?"He queried, slowly sauntering over to her. He graced her cheek with a light kiss when he had gotten close enough to. Kira held her hands together with an awe stricken look on her face. "Where have you been all my daughter's life?"She asked. She moved forward and pressed her hand along his jawline. "She's been waiting on you."He didn't have a chance to respond before Rayne interrupted them. "Mom... stop it, please..."Her voice trailed off. She melded her hands into her forehead and brushed a few strands of unruly hair away. He could tell that she was embarrassed. He found himself chuckling on her behalf again. He leaned into her more and supplied her with another gentle kiss. "Move, boy."She playfully pressed her hand into his chest and pushed him away. Kira shook her head and began to chortle along with him.

"It is such a love fest in here, and I can't deal."Kaori uttered. She held onto her stomach and feigned a faux sickness. She sat her mother's bag down onto the floor and reclaimed her previous seat. "Anyway, we just have to wait for the doctor to come in here now, and then we'll get you home."Rayne held her arm out to her mother. Kira latched on and they commenced a slow tread to the bathroom on just the other side of the room. She held the door agape for her and waited quietly until she went inside. When the sound of the door catching it's latch echoed into the air, her eyes were back on his. "Just get y'all one of these rooms already and push the beds together, damn."Kae teased them, suggestively wagging her eyebrows at the two them. Rayne folded her arms across her chest and tossed her sister a blank stare, "Shut up, Kae. I swear you always got something to say."