Cue the Ex Best Friend

We stood in the student kitchen, I was rummaging for the ice whilst Fred just looked around. I finally found some ice, deep in the freezer and wrapped it in a towel.

I held the ice to Fred's hand, he winced and turned his head away from the pain, not that its going to help.

"Care to tell me your name yet?" I joked to him but he just gave me the 'Are you serious' look.

I took his other hand and put it on the ice so he could hold it himself. I have to remember his name I can't keep calling him Fred. I walked out of the kitchen, into the lounge area where Tony and Charlie was talking in hushed voices. I wandered towards them and they looked straight at me stopping their conversation straight away.

"So anyone care to tell me what that was all about?" I noticed a few more students come into the lounge area, taking up the other sofas that are placed around.

"We have no idea, Princess. I didn't know that he knew Simon" I rolled my eyes, they know something I don't, I need to find out.

We all sat in silence, Charlie throwing glances towards me whilst I was scrolling on Facebook trying to put a name to the face, when the devil himself decided to walk in.

"I'm going back to my dorm now so I can continue the assignment"

"Need any help with the assignment?" I offered, hoping he would say yes, so I could go to his dorm and figure out his name.

"No I rather be alone at the moment, thanks anyways"

A few hours later, I was laying on my bed face down when my phone beeped. I lifted my face and grabbed my phone.

Sweetcheeks, i'm sorry about earlier let me make it up to you

I looked at the ID and it read 'Gorgeous human being' I didn't get his number and how the hell is it saved as that in my phone. I decided to ring the number incase it was Tony, he usually calls me Princess. After a few rings, his husky voice answered.

"Hello"

"Hey, how the hell did you save your number in my phone and why that name?" I sat up on my bed.

"I done it last night because I heard you call me 'Gorgeous Human Being' to Charlie before we went back to yours" He chuckled and I blushed. "So can I make it up to you?" He pushed and I heard a knock on the door. I got up and answered the door, thinking it was Tony or Charlie forgot her key I held it open and walked back to my bed.

"Yes okay. Tonight at 9 in Rachel's I have to go finish the assignment now"

"Don't get distracted by me, Sweetcheeks" He shouted before he hung up the phone. I laughed as I placed my phone on the bedside table, completly forgetting I had a visitor.

"New boyfriend?" I shot my head up and Alex were stood by the door waiting for me to invite him in. I looked around him and I saw no girlfriend or his idiot followers. I raised my eyebrow at him and he ran his fingers through his hair.

" Can we talk?" That's the question I needed to hear a year ago and he waits this long. Is it a joke?

"Why?" I walked to my wardrobe to grab one of my hoodies, it was winter after all.

"Lily, I miss you" He sat himself on my bed, so I shut the door and just stared at him. Everything from the last year bubbling inside me; the bullying, the constant smirks and glares, the missing best friend.

"I HATE YOU!" I yelled as I walked towards him. "How dare you come in here and say you miss me when it was your fault, you walked away Alex. I needed you the most and you walked away, with that slut of a girlfriend and those idiotic dipsticks you call friends" I was breathing heavily. I was annoyed to the max, how dare he?