Chapter 19- Rydels day out (Kaylee)

Chapter 19- Rydel's day out (Kaylee)

'I fell into the water and couldn't breath. I couldn't push up. Another wave knocked me farther under. My lungs burned. I fought yet again to get to the surface.'

'Then suddenly I stopped. If I died, would I see my family again? I stopped fighting and floated back down to the bottom. But what about the Lynches? I tried to fight again, fight to live, but I didn't have the energy. Everything went black.'

I bolted up in bead gasping as if I was just pulled out of the water by Ross again. I had chosen to die. For a moment, I chose to die. If Ross hadn't saved me, I would have died. And now I was afraid of the ocean. It brought out the worst in me, and anything that did that had to go.

And why had I ruffled Ross's hair? It wasn't a big gesture, but I could tell even he was surprised. It just happened. Maybe they were rubbing off on me, because I saw them joking around all the time. I put my head in my hands.

Someone walked in and leaned against the door, so I looked up. It was Ross.

"Hey. Rydel told me to wake you up. She said something about a shopping day for her and you." He pretended to look scared, so I laughed a bit. Woah, maybe I was changing. Was that a good thing? "I would be terrified it I were you." He took in my expression. "You okay?"

I smiled. "Defiantly."

He raised his eyebrows. "No. Really." I insisted, and he shrugged.

"Stay safe today, ok?" He said in a mock serious voice.

"Yeah." I told him, cracking another smile, and he walked out of them room.

I took a quick shower and threw on some clothes. I didn't care much for fashion, but Rydel showed me some fun combinations until we went shopping. I was in pink shorts with a white/pink R5 t-shirt.

I put on some mascara and lip balm. I still wasn't too big on makeup, so I stuck with the simple things.

Once I was done getting ready, I went downstairs and saw Rydel having breakfast. She smiled when she saw me. "I love your outfit!" She laughed.

I smiled shyly. "R5 is defiantly worth wearing." I paused. "If that made sense."

"I don't know if it was right grammatically, but I get it. Now, ready to go shopping?" She said excitedly.

Rocky walked in. "Shopping? Please not me!" He begged laughing. Rydel shoved him

"No dummy. Kaylee! I haven't taken her shopping yet, so were going shopping." He wiped his forehead.

"Good thing it's not me! Last time you took me shopping, it took all day! Kaylee- be careful!" Rocky then dashed out of the kitchen before Rydel could say anything.

"What is it with those boys? Shopping isn't that bad!" I heard Rocky yell in from upstairs- "Yes it is!" We laughed.

"Alright! Let's go!" Rydel grabbed my hand and led me to her car, 'Chubbs'. We got in and she started driving to the mall. Rydel started telling me everything that I had to get.

"So, you'll need a bunch of t-shirts, a couple more shorts, a dress or two, some skirts, leggings, jeans, and a swimsuit. Oh, and well have to get you some jewelry. Maybe Claire's." She rattled off the list.

"We'll have lunch there. And maybe window shop a little bit. Ooh! I can't wait!" The mall was conveniently located just a few minutes away, so once Rydel was done talking we got out and started our shopping.

We first went into Macy's. "Here! This is your color!" Or "Here! This would look great on you!" Rydel would say as she put a bunch of t-shirts on a pile.