Hold your head up

"Max you know us being together is illegal? You're lucky Ryan has no idea how old you are." I tell him. We're on the phone. I'm laying on my bed and making a few necklaces for Trish.

"It's only illegal if we have sex-WHICH, by the way, I will NOT ever even consider doing."

"Why? I'm not kool enough?" I kid with him.

"No, it's called people change. Sometimes when you think you like somebody, a few years later you might just despise that person."

I wait awhile before answering. "It sounds like you have experience."

"I'm just saying, you know? So how's your uncle doing with his wedding?"

"It's Ben's wedding. And it is going just perfect. Hey, you know what, maybe we should all hang out sometime?" 

"Well, what I would like to know is why your uncle seems so over-protective. I'm not hating but why don't you live with him, considering your fifteen."

I smile into the dimness of my room. 

"Max, didn't I tell you my mom gave me to the Thompsons when she died? Trust me she made sure Ryan didn't get me."

Max sounded angry. " Why not? That's stupid."

"I don't know. I guess it was over a fight when I was only a baby. Look, it doesn't bother either of us. I mean, he get's to see me whenever he wants, my mom didn't think to put that in her Will. All she could do was make Jen and Becky my legal gaurdians." 

"Wait, hold up. Jen and Becky? Please tell me Jen is a unisex name."

"Ummm..."

"No way. You have two moms? And you were never weirded out by this?" 

Had I ever been weirded out by that? Well, they were pretty much the last form of parents I had. And they kept to themselves, the apartment underneath mine and Rosalie's.

"No, it doesn't weird me out."

"Well, again, I ain't hatin'." I heard him hesitate. "Ally? Can I come over?"

"Yeah. I don't see why not. But Rosalie still has her old man over."

"That's fine I'll be over in a little. Bye."

"Bye." He hung up. But there was something making him act all weird. And his voice was strained.

I had a feeling Max would need some cuddles from me tonight.