TWENTY-ONE

"Tiffany!"

It was around eleven in the morning and Tiffany had just arrived in Chicago, she was somehow carrying two bags and hauling a suitcase as she searched for Luna's father, but he found her first.

"Hey Max," the teenager said when she got closer to the man who was practically her extra father and hugged him. "Wanna help me with my bags?"

"Not really, but I don't have a choice because your arms will probably fall off if you carry all of that by yourself," Max said and grabbed her suitcase and one of her bags. Tiffany snorted.

"Gee, I feel so loved," she said before they headed toward his car. "Is Loony still in school? I mean, she should be because she needs to get her grades so she can pass and all, but you never know."

"Yeah, she's still at school. Do you want me to drop you off by her school so you can have lunch together?" Max asked as they loaded her stuff into the car. They had been doing this - Tiff flying to Chicago to visit - ever since Luna moved when she was fourteen and Tiffany was fifteen, so it was pretty much routine by now. She even had her own room right across the hall from Luna's.

"If you dropped me off that would be great, I'll just take the bus back home," Tiff said and nodded, ignoring how tired she actually was. She loved acting, but it had taken its toll on her so she would really love to just sleep for fifteen hours. But she also really wanted a Big Mac.

While standing outside of Luna's school and waiting for her to come out, Tiffany was responding to fans on Twitter who had questions about her album or Riverdale. Or people who were just adorable or funny. Basically she tried to respond to most of her fans.

"Excuse me?" Tiff looked up from her phone when she heard the voice of a girl, a girl who turned out to have really curly hair and thick framed glasses.

"Hi?" Tiffany said in a questioning tone, sounding unsure as she smiled softly at the stranger.

"I'm one of Luna's classmates, she asked me to tell you that she'll be out in a few minutes, she's fighting some idiot who commented on her skirt being too short and making her look like a slut," the girl said and pushed up her glasses when they slipped down her nose. "Naturally she smacked the bitch."

"Why can't people just be kind and respect each other?" Tiffany asked nobody in particular and frowned. "Thanks for telling me, though."

"Because people are dicks," the girl said bluntly before walking away, leaving the blonde alone again. She was about to unlock her phone and keep interacting with people online when Luna came running with her arms spread wide to hug the blonde.

To make a long story short, the force of the hug made them both land on the ground, Luna on top of Tiff, but they didn't care as they just hugged and groaned in pain, laughing. Then they realized that there was snow on the ground and it was soaking through Tiffany's sweatpants and making her really cold.

They ended up going to McDonald's even though she looked like she had just peed herself.

"Are you taking your meds?" was the first thing Luna asked after they had gotten their food and slid into a booth.

"Of course I am," Tiff said and bit into her hamburger. "I'm the responsible one, remember?"

"Don't talk with food in your mouth, that's fucking gross."

Just to spite her, Tiff laughed with food still in her mouth, which only made Luna kick her shin under the table. It was like they were kids again, kicking each other under the table and making the other taste their milkshake. It was one of the things that had helped them through hard times, the comfort and familiarity of each other, and they wouldn't trade it for the world.

idk what this chapter is but i just wanted to tell y'all to cherish your friends