JIEUN CALLING...

CALLER: Baek Jieun
ACCEPT | REJECT

ACCEPTING CALL...

Jieun: "You accepted. I guess bad things sometimes leads to good things."

Jieun: "Hello?"

(No response given.)

Jieun: "I know you probably still don't want to talk to me, but I'm glad you answered the call. I just want to say I'm really sorry for what I've done in the past. I am a bit embarrassed about the things I've said in the voicemails since you probably didn't listen to them, but I don't regret them. Not one bit. You probably hate me for dumping you, but I just want to explain why I broke up with you."

(Jieun stopped for a moment to consider the thoughts in her mind.)

Jieun: "My mom. She...she died that day. She was gone and she was all I had left after my father left us. Taehyung, she killed herself. She just got up and hung herself. She forgot about me. She didn't even think about how I would feel after she killed herself. Now I'm so lonely and there's no one with me. I know why that doesn't really explain why I dumped you, but it does. I know myself. The moment she died, I broke down. I knew I wouldn't be in the right state after that so I broke up with you. So that I wouldn't have to be a burden on your shoulders."

(Jieun takes a deep breath.)

Jieun: "I love you, Taehyung. I really do."

END OF PHONE CALL