The Men Everywhere

"Splat". The sound of the mop hitting the hardwood floor startled the young brown and white springer spaniel that was sleeping not far from it, so it got up and walked into the living room, plopping it's graceful body into the long leather sofa.
        The mop traveled in a line from one side of the kitchen to the middle of the room, then the girl behind it stepped forward and pushed it the rest of the way to the wall. Then she took a step back, taking the mop with her and repeated the process. Every three or so strokes, she would dip the mop into the large yellow bucket, rinsing it, then take it out and squeeze it over the bucket, the water cascading down was the only sound throughout the entire house.

         kia's new house was the best one she had lived in for a long time. her grandmother had a house like this one, maybe that's why she loved it so much. the house was a refurbished barn, a large foyer greeted one as they entered. a cast iron heating wood stove sat in the center of the foyer, and a set of sliding glass doors were visible on the other side of the stove, leading to the back yard. If one were to look to the left, they would see a doorway in the wall, the doorway leads to a big kitchen. Further down that hallway would lead one to a room with a baby grand piano in the center. Kia never knew how to play piano, but she always loved the instrument, that's why wherever she moved too, she kept her mothers piano with her.

        on the right side of the house,one will be lead to a small lounge room, a few pillows scattered on the old leather couch. Up a set of old wooden spiral stairs, there is a bedroom, in what used to be the loft, a twin bed against the wall, and two windows against the outside wall. 

       Kia put the mop back, sliding the rolling bucket back into the closet in the kitchen.  She walked over to the large window that covered the front wall of the foyer, and parted the curtain slightly, peeking through at the distant tree line. She saw no one, and let out a sigh of relief. the reason kia had been moving so much, is because she had been being stalked. she had been seeing a man in a suit and black tie following her. And it seemed that no matter where she went, he would always follow her. She had even called the police, and noting was ever done, so kia kept running. A townhouse in greenfield, an apartment in Burlington, and so many more. she finally found this farm house in the mountains, and it was perfect....... or so she thought.

kia walked over to the door and plucked a leash from the coat rack mounted on the wall next to the large antique wooden door. She whistled, and a young brown and white springer spaniel trotted into the foyer, tongue lolling, tail going a mile a minute.

       "Ozzy, wanna go outside?!" She said in an octave one only uses with dogs. The joyful spaniel made a short happy grumble and bounded toward her. She clipped the leash to the metal loop affixed to his blue collar, opened the door and they stepped out into the sun and fresh mountain air.

        The pair jogged along the woods path.....correction....Ozzy bounced along while his human jogged beside him. They  travel at a moderate pace, the dog occasionally stopping to investigate the deer droppings on the trail.

        About halfway through the run, they stopped for a rest. Kia sat on a downed tree while Ozzy lay under it, trying to get as much shade as possible. Suddenly, Kia felt something, like someone was staring at her. She turned her head, looking around, and to her horror, a man in a black suit and tie was standing in the woods, about 1500 ft from her, definitely facing her. 

       Her heart started to race as adrenaline flooded her body. "Ozzy, go"
She said in a shaky, fearful tone. Her dog sensed her fear and stood, growling. She started to jog along the path, Ozzy following her, no longer bounding, but jogging with his tail straight up, and the hair along the ridge of his back raised and bristling. She could hear the man's footsteps now, deep in the woods but she didn't panic. She kept jogging at a normal pace, staying far ahead of him.

They ran like this the entire way back to the house, fighting to stay calm, her nerves and instincts biting at her heels, urging her to run, run as fast as possible.When they got to the house, Kia shut the door and locked both locks, a deadbolt an a key lock.

She unhooked the leash from Ozzy's collar and he lay down in the bed next to the entrance, watching the door intently, his back still bristling. Kia hung the leash back up, kicked off her shoes and walked into the living room, plopping herself on the leather couch. "What the hell was that about? Are they doing this on purpose?....what if-" her quiet speech was cut off by three knocks on the large wooden door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys,
I am sorry if this doesn't have the best wording, or if it goes to fast/ slow. Give me feedback please

{re-edited}

-An