The Perfect Holiday

The memories of the ghastly event that happened last February were still deeply etched in my mind. It was as if piercing me with a knife during the nights when I could sleep. Instead of flying into clouds so high in my dreams, I was refreshed by the horror of what Lissa and I encountered.

It was February and my friends and I planned to go for a holiday to the famous Mataking Island in Sabah, Borneo. Since everyone was anxious as our finals results were about to be announced, we decided to loosen ourselves up with the picturesque scenery and calming surroundings at the island. We booked two chalets at a lovely resort. The whole resort was built on stilts in the sea.

There were five of us and we reached the island by boat from the mainland. Luckily, none of us had gotten seasickness as we had heard of its utter inconvenience. After checking in, we unpacked our luggage and continued our day as scheduled by the resort's three days two nights package. Our activities included snorkelling, sun-bathing, playing beach volleyball and so forth.

During our time there, we had countless adventurous experiences. The snorkelling had opened our eyes to the beauty of the marine nature. There were so many beautiful sea creatures and corals underwater. Besides, the sea water was so crystal clear that we could even see the colours of the underwater world without having to go underwater. All in all, the island was just so mesmerizing that all I had in mind was the fun I had.