Chapter 41

A/N
I'm back guys! I was at a school camping thing and we weren't allowed to have phones or electronics outside of our cabins.  ALSO Thank you so much for 2k reads!!
_____________

The Next Day
*Annie's POV*
I wake up on Brennan's chest, he is already awake, he is scrolling through Instagram on his phone. "Morning beautiful." He says, he kisses my forehead.

My checks turned when he calls me beautiful, it makes me feel special, but my thoughts are interrupted by Brennan's phone dinging, I look at the text that he received,

Anonymous: Want to know the truth about the disappearing officers? Meet me at the gazebo with picnic table at Tomas park off of 31st street in 15 minutes.

Brennan and I exchange nervous glances. "Ask if I can come." I whisper to Brennan, not wanting to wake Hayley and Katie, Brennan nods, then he kisses my forehead, he starts texting 'Anonymous' back.

Brennan: Can Annie come?

Anonymous: Sure, no one else though!

I silently get off the couch and head up to my room, I change into my all time favorite outfit:

I run downstairs to Caleb's room, I grab some clothes from his dresser, I pull out a plain red t-shirt and some black joggers

I run downstairs to Caleb's room, I grab some clothes from his dresser, I pull out a plain red t-shirt and some black joggers. Brennan gets dressed, I write a note to Hay Hay, Katie and my parents:

Went to get donuts! Be back in a half hour ish!

~Annie and Brennan

We get into my car and drive to the park. I secretly brought a knife like the last time. We pull into the park's parking lot. We get out of the car and make our way to the gazebo.  There is
no one in the gazebo yet, we sit down at a picnic table and wait for 'Anonymous' to arrive.  

5 minutes later we see someone walking up to us, when they get closer I realize that it's Mary! It's weird to see her not in uniform, shes wearing jeans and a purple Columbia jacket. 

She enters the gazebo, I run up to her and hug her, she doesn't hug me back, instead she pushes me off of her into a picnic table, my stomach collides with the edge of a table.

"OWW! OMG!" I scream out in pain, Brennan rushes over to me.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" Brennan yells at Mary, he wraps his arms around me.

"Ok, here's the deal. You wanted to know the truth, and I'll give it to you, under ONE condition." Mary says.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND!" I yell at her, "I THOUGHT OF YOU AS MY SECOND MOTHER!" I say, I try to lunge at her but Brennan pulls me back.

"Well sweetie here's the dealio." She starts, I mentally laugh at the word 'dealio' "I never was your friend, or your second mother, but you know who I a-" she starts.

"You littl-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Want to find out who I really am?" She says, but this time I cut her off.

"Not an ally I'm guessing." I say sarcastically, Brennan nudges me, I'm guessing the nudge is for being a bitch to her, but whatever she was one to me for faking our friendship. "You know all of those times I" Brennan nudges me again, I shake my head, "I opened up to you about what was going on, you were just using that against me an BACKSTABBING ME!" I yell, I stand up, "you know I don't care who you are! You can go rot in hell for all I care!" I say, I storm off back to the car, I look back to see if Brennan's coming but it looks like he is still talking to Mary.

I sit in the car, I think of the day where we sat together at lunch:

The bell rings for lunch, I walk into the lunch room, then I realize I have no one to sit with except for Mary, I turn to her and ask, "Mary do you want to eat lunch with me?" I ask.
      "Sure Annie." She says,

Wow, throw back to the days where she "cared" I glance over to the picnic tables, they are still talking. My phone vibrates in my pocket:

Hayden- Hey Annie, I was wondering if we could talk later today? I have been wanted to talk for a while now, please text me back. I'm sorry for what happened between us, I wish it would have worked out, I sorry for kissing Katie, the truth was that someone made me do it, and if I didn't they would have hurt you. ~Hayden

Could that someone be Arden? I decide to text Hayden back, the truth is I have been thinking about texting him and telling him sorry.

Annie- Sure, I'm sorry 2!

We decide to meet at a donut shop later today. I check the clock: 9:06, crap we've been gone for over 45 minutes already, I pull out my phone and text Brennan:

Annie- HURRY UP! WE HAVE BEEN GONE FOR 45 MINUTES ALREADY!

I see Brennan take his phone out of his pocket, he types a reply quick then shoves his phone back into the pocket.

Brennan👫❤️- Coming

He walks away from the gazebo and towards the car, Mary walks in the other direction.

We stop at Hyvee on our way home to get donuts, "so what did Mary say to you after she left?" I ask.

"I uhm forgot." Brennan says, "yep I forgot, I really need to go to the doctor to see if I have short term memory loss!" He says, "like Dory!" He says.

"Okay," I say, I turn to face him, "are you high?" I ask, with this he starts bursting out with laughter.

"Babe it's a prank." He says, as he gets out of the car.

Wow he clearly does not want to tell me.

A/N

THANKS SO MUCH FOR 2K READS AGAIN!!!! Also what do you think is going to happen with #Hannie??

Next chapter will be Brennan's POV when he talks to Mary so stay tuned!