13. e p i l o g u e

A month later, Rhiannon still missed him every day

A month later, Rhiannon still missed him every day. He'd tried to call her multiple times but she hadn't picked up, afraid hearing his voice might make her heart actually break inside her chest even more than it already had.

"Mail for you, little one," Kol's voice behind her startled her out of her thoughts and she looked up at him curiously.

"I don't get mail," she said, and he shrugged.

"Just open it, Rhiannon," he said, rolling his eyes.

She did as he told her to, noticing at once that the envelope was blank; no postage or return address or anything. She pulled the single piece of crisp white paper out and unfolded it carefully. As soon as she saw the handwriting, she gasped. Kol placed a hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly.

"Rhiannon,
I miss you. I'm sorry shit went down the way it did. I'm sorry we didn't just leave New Orleans when you first told us to so that we could have avoided everything that's happened. I'm sorry that I'm also glad we didn't do that because I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on us even though it was so short-lived.

I can't believe I fell in love with you. I can't fucking believe it, but I did. I fell for you so hard and so fast, Rhi. I've never felt anything near to what we had. Never, and I don't think I ever will again.

I miss you and I hope someday somehow we'll see each other again. I love you.
-D.W."

Rhiannon looked up at Kol, tears in her eyes and a small smile on her face.

"How?" she asked, and he shrugged.

"I have my ways," he said, smiling and kissing the top of her head before leaving her alone in her bedroom.

{a/n: The end! I'm sad about this ending! I initially wanted it to go on just a little bit longer, but I kind of figured it wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to be able to be together for more than a pretty short period of time. I'm pretty happy with the ending I came to, though, and I'm definitely entertaining the idea of a sequel sometime in the future if anyone would be interested in that! Thank you for reading and voting and you're all so amazing!

Just as a heads-up, if you liked this story, I also have "Get It Together", a just-finished Nathaniel Buzolic social media, "Wrong Number", a Nathaniel Buzolic social media, "Be Strong", a Shameless part social media and part real life, and finally "Let You Down", a just-finished Daniel Gillies social media!}