Project popularity by melthebookaddict review

Bold,confident leads and unusual story line and even paced writing puts this story at mere inches away from perfection.

When I saw the outline of this book and read the first chapter,I kept thinking "oh this is one of those bad boy dates good girl for revenge against cheating ex". Fortunately,I was wrong and I'm happy it was completely different.

Jamie Vandeviere(even her name is music to my ears) is your average school girl. She isn't a nerd and she isn't bullied by her high school's A-list either. Just like most of us she has two friends who are also invisible to the in crowd. All this begins to change when she almost runs over Mr popularity himself Luke Archer,football quarterback and his drop dead heavenly gorgeousness over with her car. The same Luke who earlier in the day had a dramatic public break-up during which his queen bee girlfriend admitted to dating his best friend. Luke is still hurting and willing to dethrone his ex girlfriend from queen bee status and who better than this cute girl he's never noticed before?. I know, I know,I also thought I had seen this story line several times. Turns out it had a twist from the very beginning. First,Jamie is not some coward who trembles at the sight of every queen bee(in this story the queen bee goes by the ironic name of summer). Summer means nice things and cute blonde barbies. Not this summer,your stereotype blond mean girl although she's not mindlessly evil this makes her character unique and I love it . For queen bees, I always imagined them with some sort of intimidating evil name like Margaux,Jade or probably some Medusa Ecclestone who's just mean just for the sake of it. Just me and my dreamy self. I love the irony of her name. But beyond that,I like the fact that our lying,scheming villain actually has a heart.

Jamie is actually very confident,likeable and sometimes headstrong- like an actual typical teenage girl. I found her P.O.V as one of the funniest I've ever come across on wattpad. She doesn't go moaning about how miserable her life is and is just looking forward to a nice,uneventful senior year.

And then there's Luke Archer. Stereotype male lead,funny,cocky,rich,good-looking,jock. You'd think that's all there is to him but you'd be wrong. He has a surprisingly well developed character and an ego the size of texas to match. But he also has his times of selflessness and let's not forget his thirst for revenge. The writing is so effortlessly flawless I don't even know how the author does it. Luke's P.O.V is a befitting a teenage boy which makes the P.O.V switch very professional. Even if she didn't write "Luke's P.O.V" at the beginning of the P.O.V,you would have known because of the differences in the narration,opinion and personalities of the characters.

What could possibly go wrong? Or what could not go wrong?. You'd have to find out. Love the book. I have a feeling you'd love it too. Go try it.

72/100 or 7.2/10

Sent to criticallywriting,2014