Chapter 7

"Nayeon ah! Come on, wake up!!" Mark walked around his room changing into some fresh clothes since he just got off the shower two minutes ago, "Don't make me kiss you."

Nayeon groaned as she sat up frowning sleepily, her hair in a slight mess, "No kiss... You didn't cook spaghetti for me."

Her childishness made him laugh slightly. She pleaded for him to cook spaghetti for dinner but all he has is frozen pizza inside his rusty fridge. She whined for almost the whole time she talked to him since the time she knew about it. Although he has never seen her like that for the whole time he has been spying on her, he found it really entertaining.

"We will buy spaghetti now." Mark smiled and crawled on the bed in front of Nayeon and bit his bottom lip with a wide smile on his face when his face is inches away from hers. She didn't blush, nor did she back away but she covered her mouth and shook her head.

"No kiss..." Nayeon said muffling her voice against her hand, "Get ouuuuut."

Mark stared at her, not moving an inch from her, his smile widening when she pouted at him, "Just one."

"Spaghetti first..." Nayeon insisted glaring playfully at him.

"Prepare now... We have twenty minutes more." Mark said pulling Nayeon off her bed making her groan lazily.

"Where are we going?" She whined as he brought in the bathroom.

"Come on babe." Mark smiled and pecked her lips softly.

"NO KISSSSSS!!" She whined as she stomped her feet childishly making him laugh.

"Come on. I'll buy you spaghetti later." Mark promised and winked at her before closing the door for her to start preparing.

After twenty minutes, Mark and Nayeon are already on their way to where Mark made some arrangements with some guys he asked before he even invited Nayeon. He has perceived things for these two days but there are some things that haven't even crossed his mind. Let's say for example the kissing and how she made his heart skip a beat but he completely ignores it every time.

"You are wearing a skirt." Mark scowled as soon as they made it by the lake.

He helped her down as she jumped down while giggling loudly. He shook his head at how happy she is and watched her sit on the blanket settled on the ground. If he was to look at them at other people's perspective, he would think they are a happy new couple. But for him, it was merely just wanting her to be closer to him to be able to hurt her even more than he have ever hurt anyone --- or at least that's what he wants to believes in.

"Yes!!" Nayeon beamed at him as she settled the food from inside the basket on the center of the fluffy basket, "I love how fluffy the blanket is. It looks like a unicorn~"

Mark sat in front of her and watched her arranging the donuts by flavor like a little child segregating some cubes according to color. He has never been so mesmerized by how beautiful a girl could be or how genuine someone ever is. He looked up the horizon and smiled at the sight of darkness occupying the normally blue sky. That's how his life is, dark.

"I love donuts..." Nayeon spoke breaking the comfortable silence between them, "It has different colors and sizes... Some of it is just so cute..."

Mark chuckled slightly at what she said, "Some of them? How about the others?"

"Some of it just looks weird. But you should not say that in front of food. You are rude." She narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head, "Why are we here by the way?"

"I want to show you something beautiful..." Mark said getting a donut and took a huge bite.

Nayeon smiled watching him. She never actually thought it was still possible for her to even mingle with boys but here she is, currently spending her extended day off with a man she barely knows. She promised to herself she wouldn't think of the case she is working on and just allow herself to enjoy.