Chapter 24

The sound of Chance's keys jingling as he unlocks the cell doors wakes Adam from his sleep. He raises his head to see the bearded man wave and whisper a 'Good morning' before heading on his way.

He looks around at his lover, who was still sleeping soundly. He quietly gets out of the cot, careful not to wake him.

So many thoughts were running through his head as he looks down at Tim sleeping peacefully. He smiles as he gently brushes the hair out of his cellmate's face. Kissing his finger, he softly places it on the large hickey that was clearly visible on Tim's neck.

After quickly getting dressed, he stands at the small mirror, brushing his hair. Staring into his own worried blue eyes. 

What if they find him innocent on the murder charges? What if he gets moved to a different prison or just to a jail for a short time and then released? Does he even have a life left outside of this prison? The letters that he gets from Austin has become fewer and fewer. And there is never an 'I love you' said.

His eyes shift to the sleeping man behind him. And what about Tim? His heart breaks at the thought of leaving him behind.

Adam knew he had to talk to someone. These thoughts were driving him crazy. He ties a bandanna around his head then quietly walks back over to the bed. Kissing his finger again, he gently touches it on Tim's lips. Giggling softly as his lover wrinkles his nose.

Adam walks out of the cell and goes next door to Avi's cell.

"Hey." He says from the doorway. Seeing the bearded man jump and hide something under his pillow.

"Oh, it's just you." Avi chuckles reaching back under his pillow to retrieve the object, Chance's phone.

"Are you even suppose to have that?" Adam asks as he walks in and sits down on Avi's cot.

"No." Avi laughs. "Chance said I can keep it for an hour." Avi says as he continues the game he was playing.

"No special treatment, huh?" Adam laughs.

"Well." Avi giggles and shrugs his shoulders. "He can't resist me."

"Listen, Avi, there's something I really need to talk to you about." Adam says as he plays with his fingers.

"It can't wait for another thirty minutes?" Avi says, his eyes not leaving the screen.

"No, it's very important. And Tim may be up by then." Adam replies.

"Okay." Avi frowns as he turns off the game. "So what's up?"

"There's a possibility that I may be moved from this prison or even released on parole." Adam answers.

"Yeah, Chance told me. You don't seem to happy about it." Avi says.

"I don't know if I even want to be released. Sounds crazy I know." Adam says, shaking his head. "I mean, what do I have waiting on me on the outside. Nothing."

"What about your marriage?" Avi asks.

"Who are we kidding? Is there even a marriage left?" Adam says sadly.

"My guess is, no." Avi shrugs.

"And then there's ...." He stops and sighs heavily.

"Timothy?" Avi asks with raised brows.

"Yeah." Adam nods. "I really can't bare to leave him, Avi."

"Go on." Avi says, personally wanting to hear Adam confess.

"Last night." Adam starts in a low soft whisper. "We had sex. But it was so different. It wasn't just f*cking. It was..."

"Making love?" Avi finishes his sentence for him.