Blessing in Disguise

"Words in double quotes" - Talking

'Words in single quotes' - Thoughts

Chapter 9 - Blessing in Disguise

#Bedi House#

"Tanuja! Swara! Come out here! Where has that good for nothing Rishi hidden you two!?" screamed Tanuja's aunt, Mitali.

Tanuja and Rishi came out to the living room. Tanuja's eyes widened on seeing her family. "Maa, Baba....aunt Mitali? You all, here all of a sudden?"

"Shocked Tanuja? You thought we would never find out what you two sisters were doing?!"

Tanuja looked at her confused "Aunt Mitali, what are you taking about?"

"Haw! Look at her Suman. How she's trying to act so innocent. Look at your daughter Suman, Ritesh."

"I...I really don't know what you mean Aunt Mitali. Maa, what is going on?"

"Beta, how could you do this? You and Swara wanted to live on your own, so we trusted you. But....but now both of you are living in some stranger's house. Do you know how unethical that looks in our society? An unmarried girl living in a stranger's house?"

 Do you know how unethical that looks in our society? An unmarried girl living in a stranger's house?"

"Maa, its not like that. We are staying here because our lives are being threatened."

"Just shut up. Don't try to make up stories Tanuja" shouted her aunt.

"She's not making excuses. Her life is really in danger."

"Rishi, it would be better if you don't speak in this matter. I'm sure it is you who has manipulated my nieces and brought them here! You lowlife"

"Aunt Mitali! I'll tolerate if you talk rubbish about me, but you don't have any right to bad mouth Rishi!"

"Haw! Look how she is talking to me Ritesh."