Chapter 1: The Devil

It was past mid-night. In hostels, students tend to go nocturnal as the day ends, and the night takes the possession. The deeper the darkness gets, the more naughtier the students become in general.

But, today was an exception. With the stress of exams finally taking its toll,  most of the students had retired to early bed. Well, it had been way past midnight after all and was a hell of a semester for a particular wing since that happened.

This wing consisted of eleven people who had strange events happening to them for the past six months. But, nothing could get crazier than what was about to happen.

Footsteps echoed the corridor as the person's ragged breath did not do much to maintain the rhythm with his footsteps. He couldn't scream as blood dripped of his black vest and a lump formed in his throat. He clenched his stomach with his hand, as blood seemed to color his otherwise pale hand.

He blinked, as the tube lights flickered. He knew he didn't have much time left, and he had to warn them. Just as he was contemplating in his thoughts, a screech filled the air. He wasn't sure, but whoever it belonged to wasn't a friend, but the thing that had been chasing him. He was able to make few words out of the screech.

"WHERE ARE THEY?!"

His took a steep turn as he ran ahead. His dim eyes lit up slightly as the wing came into his field of vision. He ran piling up his last ounce of strength.

The rooms were about eleven in total, with rooms facing each other such that there were five on one side and six on the other. As his eyes fell on the nearest room to his right, IT grabbed him by the vest.

All senses went off in his body, his entire life flashed before his eyes in that moment. Finding the courage in himself, he broke forward, his shirt splitting into two halves. Tears of agony rolled down as he dashed forward, banging whatever door he could as he sprinted.

He was on his last legs when he found a glimmer of hope. The last door was open which wasn't uncommon given the season that they were in. He rushed in, totally oblivious of his impending doom.

He stood in shock, as his eyes fell on the empty room. Why wasn't anyone there?

As he was confused, the predator had reached him. He felt a shiver run down his spine as a black misty figure stood behind his back, towering the man. He knew that the exit was blocked as he turned around slowly.

He cranked his neck slightly backwards as flash of silver greeted him. He felt something run down his abdomen as blood spilled of his mouth. The blade was quenched with his blood as he stared right back at 'Devil' as he had dubbed it.

His eyes still held resolve as he stared hard at the red eyes, a smirk playing on his lips as his back hit the wall, his body slowly sliding down. He coughed some blood, as he looked back at the devil and opened his mouth, his last words, "... y-your loss... i-is...argh... desti-ned."