8.

When I was 8 years old my mom and I moved from Japan to the U.S. I didn't quite understand why, my mom cried every night. Her sobs could be heard from the paper thin walls of the house. Almost everyday I would ask when dad and Mari-neechan would come home.

I stopped asking when my mom slapped me.

I stared at the calendar date in front of me. Today marks the anniversary of their death. Downstairs I heard a plate crash to the floor. I sighed and walked downstairs.

I saw mama sitting on the floor with a broken plate in her hands, sobbing. I quickly walked up to her and carefully pulled the plate away from her grasp. I placed the plate on the counter and helped mama up.

I helped her to the couch. She wept in her hands, I left to go get the box of tissue. I came back and found mama clutching a pillow to her chest. I sat down next to her and handed her a tissue.

We stayed on the couch, mama sobbing, me handing her tissues. I feel guilty.
When I was old enough to understand that, dad and Mari wouldn't be coming back home. I didn't cry.

I didn't shed a tear for the missing part of my family. I felt sad of course. But the tears were missing. I felt like a robot for two years until I talked to the school counselor.

I didn't have to go to therapy or anything. I just had to learn to express myself. These were the counselors words. I did stop feeling that way, when I entered middle school and met Phichit. Almost immediately we became friends.

It wasn't a wild encounter. We had math together and I helped Phichit understand some problems. After a while he started eating lunch with me and we just clicked. Phichit has and older sister that's in college. His mom died from a sickness. Phichit's dad is a lawyer and is hardly home.

Since Phichit is often alone he usually stays at my house. Mama doesn't mind because she says I need friends. Phichit's sister is on break so they are spending time together.

I met Mai at the grocery store. This was the wildest encounter I have ever had. She was dressed as a pirate for some reason. And she was yelling at someone. When I did ask her why she was dress like that barefoot and yelling like a manic. She said, "Reasons."

So I just left it like that .

She spotted me in english class and decided we will become friends. She was small when we met, and she hasn't grown much.

Phichit and Mai, helped me in a lot of ways. I'm grateful for them.

Even if I don't know a lot about Mai. And she gets into people's personal space. Even when Phichit is addicted to taking photos and social media. They are my bestfriends and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

"Yuri, I'm going to take a walk. Watch the house." Mama said, slowly getting up from the couch.
"Are you sure?" I asked.

Mama nodded her head, "Yeah, I'll be fine."

I went up to my room and cuddled with Vic-chan. I sighed and closed my eyes. Letting myself soak in the bittersweet memories.

(Thrid POV)

Four year old Yuri and his older sister were playing in the snow. It was December, Christmas month. The two kids were building a snowman.

"No! Only three buttons Yuri!" An eleven year old Mari told her brother.

Yuri was bundled up in his heavy winter coat, which was blue. His favorite color. White mittens and a dark blue scarf around his neck. His black snow boots were covered in snow.

"Mari! Please?" Little Yuri whinned.

Mari huffed but let her brother put more buttons on the snowman. When they were done, they stood in front of they're creation and smiled.

"What should we name it?" Yuri's voice squeaked.
Mari smiled, "How about, Yuki?"

Yuri smiled, "Yeah!" Yuri gently took the snowmans' wooden arm into his tiny one. "Nice to met you Yuki!"

(End)

I blinked, and looked at the clock. I guess I fell asleep. I looked at the window that was now a darkish color meaning the sun was setting. I yawned before climbing out of bed.

I noticed that Vic-chan wasn't with me. I walked downstairs and saw Mama laying on the couch asleep. I quietly pulled a blanket over her and walked back upstairs, when I noticed Vic-chan laying with her.

I closed my bedroom door and checked my phone.

Viktor🐩
Hi Yuri!

Viktor🐩
Yuri~

Viktor🐩
YURI!

Viktor🐩
Fine then I'll just die alone then. 😢

Viktor🐩
Please text back, Yuri!

Me
Yes?

Viktor🐩
Yuri!

Me
That's my name.

Viktor🐩
I miss you!

Me
Viktor we will see each other tomorrow.

Viktor🐩
But that's too long~

Me
It's only a few hours. Relax.

Viktor🐩
But, Yuri!

Viktor🐩
Your my bestfriend!

Me
That's nice, now go to sleep!

Viktor🐩
Fine....Goodnight Yuri!

Me
Night.

I placed my phone down and went to take a shower. After I got out I took my dirty laundry to the washer, I'll put it in the dryer in the morning.

I finished laundry and went back to my room. Having nothing to do I watched some YouTube videos until I fell asleep on my desk.

Tomorrow was going to be exciting.

(A/N- So how I'm doing the week is three weekdays and one weekend. I can't really do long chapter stories and it helps the story so by faster. In a way.)