Chapter 1 - Eyes Open

"And to conclude this speech, The Prime Minister thanks you all for coming to this dinner party to celebrate his engagement" I say with a lightness in my voice. I smile a small smile but the whole audience feels the warmth it is giving off.

A cheer erupts and hits me in the middle of the chest like a wave in the sea. Its ferocious and loud. I smile, straighten my tie and turn off stage and walk to the table where the Prime Minister is sat with his faience.

As I sit down waiters flood the hall in their black, crisp dinner jackets with bowls of steaming liquid. The steam swirls in the air as a Chinese dragon swims through the wisps of smoke in the ancient folk tales with their fire red eyes and their forked tongues licking the air. The waiters moved swiftly and smoothly across the floor. The Prime Minister was served first and the soft wisps of smoke slithered up his nostrils and infected his brain with a sweet sensual spice. He gave out a little groan. His faience looks at me and gives a little smirk and a giggle.

"This soup sure smells good" exclaimed the Prime Minister. Its surprising how informal the Prime Minster actually speaks. He  picked up his silver wear and dunked it into the bronze orange sauce. He brought the spoon up to his lips and slurped. "Mmmm" he said with another groan behind his voice. "That's delicious!" He exclaimed "Please, try it".

Everyone picked up their spoons and ate silently away. "Did you know" began the Prime Minister "It is considered polite to slurp you soup in Japan." He nooded his head in a smug 'look what I know' way. "It shows that you are enjoying your food"

The people on our table decided to follow the Prime Minister in this 'slurp' fest and soon the whole table was slurping and gulping away. It took the room about 10 minutes to finish the soup.

Once everyone had finished the soup all the waiters swanned back in and swiped all the plates away leaving peoples places naked and exposed. "You did extremely well in your speech Jacob" the Prime Minister whispered to me even though we were opposite on the table and everyone heard.

"Thank You Sir" I said with gratitude in my voice.

"No, Thank YOU Jacob" He gave me a wink. I nodded and smiled back at him.

The waiters came out with the next course, the main meal. The plates were placed elegantly in front of us. It was venison with baby vegetables and a red wine jus.

"Jacob" the Prime Minister said with a mouthful of venison. "You have done so well in your current job, you are now being promoted to my speaker for every occasion"

"Thank You very much sir" I said with a smile slapped across my face.

"You start you new appointed job tomorrow" the Prime Minister said with a smile also. and he resumed eating. His wife looked up at me and smiled.

I had a grin on my face all through the main course and into the beginning of the desert.

The desert was flaming crepes served with exotic fruits and orange liquor shots. Once the shots came the Prime Minister downed his as fast as you could say 'Yum'.

As we ate our pudding. One of the waiters came back out and approached our table.

"Excuse me, no one has finished their deserts" I said with a confused grin across my face.

Then the waiter pulled out a bright shining silver Walther PPS and pointed not at me but at the Prime Minister.