Chapter 2 - Decisions

My breaths suddenly increased. Faster. Faster. My head started to spin. Around and around. It was being sucked into a black whole ready to absorb anything that got near it. Shining silver pointed at the Prime Minister, pure as can be. The atmosphere in the room suddenly dropped. Every ones hands raised slowly yet surly. I gulped silently.

The gunman pointed his gun at the Prime Minister and flicked it up towards the ceiling. The Prime Minister gingerly got up with his hands still in the air. I need to do something. My head is whirring with ideas. I'm rummaging around in my head trying to find something to do. The gunman steps closer towards me and I have an idea.

I pounce from my chair and reach for the gun. The gunman swivels round and punches me in the stomach. I fall back onto the table. I extend my fist and it collides with his face. Blood splatters across the room. He swings but misses. I punch again. My fists connects with his ribs. He calls out in pain. I punch again. Across his face, his nose snaps. I punch his ribs again. A crack. Another howl. I punch repeatedly until he falls on the floor calling for his mother. I bend down to pick up his gun but he isn't taking this as the end. His fist flies out and smashes into my face. I stumble back clutching my nose. I remove my hand and it has spots of blood painted over. I wiped the remaining red liquid from my face. I made my hand into a fist  and grabbed his now red stained jacket. I used my other hand and punched repeatedly punched his face until he was half alive. I sniffed and kicked his gun away. I took a deep breath.

A voice over the speakers rang out saying: "Well done Jacob, you succeeded you final bit of training. Everyone including the man who I brutally beat up stood up and clapped. I was taken aback by this. The clapping swam through my body as a fish swims down a stream.

Once the clapping had finished, I walked over to the Prime Minister and said with confusion prominent in my tone "What's going on here sir?"

"Talk to me after this is over and I'll explain." He smiled at me. I smiled back .

                                        *                                            *                                           *

"But sir, why me?" I asked slightly taken aback.

"Because Jacob, we think you have what it takes" said the Prime Minister with a stern voice with no emotion in it.

"But sir" I began

"No. No buts" I fell silent. "Me, my wife and the head of security thought you would be perfect for the head of the secret service but we had to test you over a month to see how you reacted to spontaneous tests. We believed that you had the knowledge to solve encryption's, you could fight which just demonstrated and that you could stay cool in situations. We were right" said the Prime Minister still with no emotion in his voice. "I'm promoting you to being the head of the secrete service tomorrow."

"Will I have to move sir?"

"No need, you will get the special office in this building to work in. You will get the code and all the information you need tomorrow. Be here in my office at 6 am. No later."

"Yes sir"

"You may be dismissed" the  Prime Minister said. I nodded my head and walked out of his office.

The head of the secret service. Wow! "And James" the Prime Minister  says as he steps out of his door. "Do not tell anyone about this conversation or you and your family will be in danger" I nodded once again and storlled into my car.

I pulled open the door, sat on the crisp leather seats of the jaguar. I breathed a heavy breath.

My life is going to change completely.

But not in the way I expect it.