Chapter 6 - His heart

Chapter Song: Written By Wolves - Not Afraid To Die

Your pov

Opening my eyes slowly, the first thing I saw was his beautiful face close to mine.

He was in the same bed as me, holding me gently in his arms while peacefully sleeping, his hot and sweet breath fanning over my face.
So close. I don't remember when was the last time he held me like this. When we were little I guess.
I moved in his arms trying to put some distance between us, but as I tried to do so, he tightened his hold pulling me even closer and painfully against his chest.

It hurt but I tried to resist. I didn't want to wake him up. Running my gaze on his face I could tell that he was tired.

"I am so sorry," I whispered feeling bad for worrying him.

Closing my eyes, I buried my face into his neck, breathing in his smell. When I was aware of what was I doing and that I started to lose myself, once again I tried to release myself from him even if my heart was screaming otherwise.

But he opened his eyes and as our eyes locked his body instantly started to tremble.

His arms went around my neck pulling me closer while his body was still trembling against mine.

"Never scare me like that. Promise that you will never leave me alone"
He whispered, his voice shaking.

I bit my lip painfully asking myself if this is actually a fucking dream and God is playing with me.
I dared to touch his back slowly. His warmth and hard muscles under my palms bringing tears of joy in my eyes. It wasn't a dream. He was actually there.

"You really came. This time you chose me." I said in a low voice still unconvinced.

Then his sudden lips on my forehead made my heart quiver. I couldn't look in his eyes. He will see again and he will hate me.

"Why did you do that? Why did you let yourself almost killed?"

"Of course I didn't know that that stupid car will hit me. I just...I just didn't pay attention. That's all."

"Because of me."

"No...It was my fault. My mind is sick and messed up." I laughed nervously while pulling myself back. This time he didn't stop me.

He moved away from me and stretched out beside me, staring at the ceiling, expressionless.

"You really hate me?" I asked the question I wanted so bad to know the answer to a long time ago.

"No questions...please."

"It's just...I..."

"Besides...weren't you the one yelling in my face all the time how much you hate me?" He asked, his gaze still on the ceiling.

I smiled sadly and took a deep breath before answering.

"You know my heart so stop saying stupid things," I mumbled looking at the opposite direction being too scared to see his cold gaze fixed on me like always.

He laughed shortly and in the next second, I felt his stare on me.

"Look here Y/N...." He said and I shake my head quickly.

Then his fingers touched my cheek softly forcing me to look his way.
His eyes were sad when I met them as his fingertips caressed gently my cheek. We were just staring at each other and I was lost once again in his dark, beautiful eyes. I couldn't help but blush. It's been so long since he actually looked at me.