chapter 1

March 7, 2012

      Hi my name is Ali and this is my diary, although there is going to be no one reading it since no one is ever allowed to touch it. There are stories of people that i have read that intrigue me, this being they are always about the girl getting the guy she sets her eyes on or vice versa. The whole time i am reading these wonderful tales of imagination i think, "When will it be my turn?" Even in school, people seem to get who they want, or at least someone close to their liking. I've set my eyes on many a dude, but to no avail, nothing for me ever seems to go right. 

     For example there was this one guy named Jack that i tried to talk to, God he was hot, but did i get the guy? Nope! He has a brother that looks exactly like him, so of course i was drawn to him as well. We talked a few times, but never enough for anything to happen. That was in Pennsylvania, but i moved to Wisconsin this summer. I left my "friends" behind. What i mean by that is i had no friends there, maybe one though now that i think about it. She was a junior last year so now she is a senior. Speaking of which i am a sophmore dear diary, for over half a year, go me. 

   I will try to keep up with this diary every day until at least the summer time for i will not care then, but back to what i was talking about before.

     Almost right away as soon as i moved to WI and got into a new school district i got new friends left and right. I was so happy that sometimes dear diary, i would jump around for joy just because i could. But one of the best things in a new school was, your correct, new boys. Ones that didnt know me and didnt think i was weird, shy or anti-social. I could be a whole new person in this place, a whole new me, i could change my look, the way i talk, the way i eat even if i wanted.

   I did all this and more as i started the new school year. In Pennsylvania, nobody talked to me. Here the popular kids talk to me, the geeky, the in between, and the goth. i now have friends in every group possible. Whenever i walk in the hallway i talk to at least two people if not more on my way to class. With all these new people i thought my love life would get better, boy dear diary was i ever so right and wrong at the same time.

      There was this boy named Justin that had a thing for me, he was in my grade level, he was taller than me (which is awesome) AND HE IS EXACTLY THE TYPE OF GUY I AM LOOKING FOR!!! But alas, things did not go as planned, apparently he still has feelings for his ex, he has bad problems with his parents, and he was a bit shy when it came to girls he liked. I tried talking to him any time, i even went against my moms rules and got a twitter account so i could talk to him.

    He would tell me i was beautiful and pretty in spanish and i thought this was going to happen, i would get the boy of my dreams! But as you know, my life doesnt happen that way, he stopped talking to me eventually and than i stopped trying. He hasnt spoken to me in about a month or two. But yesterday he did speak to me and i was so happy, but i bet you dear diary, that it will not happen again for some time, if ever. 

    But even with all this happening, i have found a new guy that talks to me, maybe flirts, im not sure, and hes a really good person. His name is Craig, and the only thing wrong with all this is that he is shorter than me by maybe an inch or two. Well dear diary i have to go for now, i might write in you later but i might not, so tata for now!!                     -ali