chapter 6

March 12, 2012

                Dear Diary,

                Things with Craig keep getting better and better. Usually when I tell a guy that I like him, or am obvious about it, the dude tends to back off and leave me be, or to be right to the point, ignores me. Dear Diary, before Craig, I used to wonder if I was going to find that special someone, I don’t even know if Craig is that one, but if it keeps going the way it is, he might be.

                Sometimes my family will go on vacations to Texas, Wisconsin, or some other place every summer. This one summer we went to Texas and stayed at a campground that we hadn’t before, and they had a pool that we went to every day. It being Texas, we weren’t able to stay in long before we got sunburned. On one random day we went to the pool and played about, splashing people and pulling them under the water, you know the usual pool activities.

Finally my dad told me that we had to leave, and I was getting ready to get out when I see this guy heading towards the pool and I think, “Hmm, could this be my lucky day?” I begged my dad to let us stay for ten more minutes, and finally he agreed. My brother and I started to play a tossing game with this guy and his friend, I eventually learned his name before I had to leave; Jorden. He’s a redhead who stays at the camp all summer every summer and then goes back home when school starts.

Every day after that I would meet with him in the pool and we would talk and maybe flirt for a little. I realized he wasn’t my type, and I also realized…he was about three or four inches shorter than me. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, it’s just, at that moment; I was dating someone who was also shorter than me (my first ever boyfriend).

That was my summer “romance” even though nothing happened, and I was already dating someone.

After school today Craig came up to my locker just like he had yesterday, we talked for a little about how I’m such a great artist, and other random stuff. Then he got a weird look on his face and told me that he wanted to ask me something, but forgot. So I put two fingers to my temple and told him that I would telepathically make him remember. He broke out in a grin that I have now come to love.

He said he’ll try to remember for tomorrow and ask me then. Oh, Dear Diary, I hope it is a very good thing, for I know it is a good thing, but I hope it is really good. Oh yeah, I just remembered something, I told him that one day he would come to my house and I would show him how to bake chocolate chip cookies the right way, and he said he would take me up on that.

The reason this came to be was because I baked cookies this weekend and gave him one. He said that it melted in his mouth and was perfect. So we have a date planned out already, yay!!! He also said that he loves Oreo truffles, and when he did I giggled and said, “I make those.”

He replied with, “I would die if you gave me some of those.” So do you know Dear Diary what that means, it means I’m going to make him some of course. That reminds me, he was complaing of a back ache and I told him that I’m pretty good at massages and he said he might take me up on that and if I was good enough, he would pay me for it.

There is no need for him to do that though, just spending more time with him would be payment in full and more. I can’t wait, maybe a week or two from now, we might eventually go out on a date. I’m actually thinking of asking if would like to come over during our schools Easter break, that would be great; we could make Oreo truffles together.

I’m hoping that he will come by my locker after school every day now that we have a thing going on. Craig is such a great guy that I know if this thing does go south and we end up not dating, or breaking up, I know that he will still continue to be a great friend. I’m just obviously hoping that this will never happen though.

These and other thoughts run through my head, but now that things are still going smoothly, all the good thoughts are what are in this brain of mine. For my sign off Dear Diary, I think I will construct a haiku just for the heck of it.

Love is a crazy

Special thing that you need to

Nurture every day.

Ta-ta.      -Ali