Paralysed

Once it happens there's no way back. Usually most people take the smallest things for granted. Things that come naturally. Like me. While I could still walk, I never imagined life like this. I didn't think about it, until it happened. I was 12, well nearly 12. My older sister, Jessica had just got her driving licence. She was taking me out for lunch, to my favourite restaurant. We were on the motorway about 3 miles away. When all of a sudden I heard her slam down on the brakes. To late. Next there was screaming. "Sophie, Sophie! No no Sophie please. I I'll get you to the hospital it's gonna be ok it's ok" I heard her say. It probably looked worse then it felt, but every few minutes pain would rush though me and it felt unbearable. Jessica called the ambulance and my parents. Before I knew it I was in the hospital. I had no idea what was happening but every now and then, I saw puzzled and unfamiliar faces looking down at me, shaking their heads. The only things I could really remember was having the sharp pain of an injection in my arm and before I knew it, I was fast asleep. I woke up hours later to find the scariest sight that ever met my eyes. I was lying on the hospital bed but my legs were bent up like I was sitting in a chair.

Then it came to me. I was paralysed.