chapter 2

Ok so I don't think it's been too long since I updated, no…? :D heeeh anyway I've had this chapter mostly done for quite some time but couldn't get around to editing it. I hope you like it and that you don't find it too confusing. If you do, please tell me and I'll try my best to clear up any confusion. For now just bear in mind that Kurama is a demon and a masterful liar, what he said to Sasuke might not be totally true.

as a little treat because I had planned to post long ago and didn't here's an EXRTA long chapter almost twice as long as the last one.

**********************

Chapter Two:

Naru coughed and choked on her own blood as she lay on her back in the sewers of her unconsciousness.

A fox, identical to the one that had attacked Sasuke except with five tails, came up behind her and propped her up so she was leaning on its body while it laid its head on her lap and curled itself around her.

Kurama sighed after he tore at her jacket with his teeth and inspected the bleeding gaping wound he had uncovered.

"You could have let your guard down on a less fatal blow, you know, or at least protected yourself against it a bit… his katana was laced with lightning, you have some pretty serious internal damage…" He told her disapprovingly.

The girl shrugged weakly as she tried not to think about the fact that Sasuke hadn't even hesitated as he killed her. The only thing that kept her tears and sorrow at bay was the haunted look he had sported after seeing what he had done.

Kurama huffed in frustration, "You know I barely have enough excess chakra to heal this. I won't be able to completely get rid of the scarring of the skin, especially since you insisted I take him back with you."

"I don't mind…" She said in a small voice snuggling her face into his soft fur and trying to take comfort from the heat of his body.

"Ano, Kyuu-chan…" She started weakly after a moment of silence as Kurama worked on healing her wounds. "Don't you think it's a bit too cruel to let him think he actually killed me…?"

The demon's eyes flashed murderous at her words.

"Serves him right!" He growled, "It's the least he deserves for what he did to you! Let him suffer it's not like he won't know you're alive soon enough… too soon even if I have a say in the matter…"

She smiled fondly at him and scratched behind one of his long ears as she watched him patch her up while using as little chakra as possible.

"It's a flesh wound only now." He told her once he was finished, "It will take some time to completely heal since it'll be on normal human healing speed, rather your Uzumaki freakish healing seed, but it'll heal slower than normal and shouldn't even hurt much anymore."

She looked down at her abdomen and sure enough the wound was still there though it was in its final stages of healing with the skin slightly red and the blood crusted.

She shook her head with a grateful smile, "It's fine, thank you…"

He waved her off with a jerk of his head.

There was a moment of silence where the fox's ears twitched then moved up a bit as his face showed a myriad of expressions.

"So…" She looked at him inquiringly, correctly assuming that he had gotten information from his other body who must now be with Sasuke.