Chapter 1: The New Student

The warm heat of the sun as it touched my face woke me up from what I called the longest travel I’ve ever been. I’m Dylan Summers, 15 years old. I was chosen by our school as an exchange student, my parents agreed as they thought studying in a different state would be great. I was brought to this city-state called Thanos, I’m currently in a hotel room where I’ve slept for the rest of the night. As for today, I’m going to my new school.

This city is really quite, I was able to sleep all night without being disturbed by the loud buzzes of horns by cars. I was taking a look around my hotel room, this room is pretty nice. The color, the build, the appliances, and even the food was first class. Too bad I only get to sleep here once.  My mind was drawn again to the real deal. I have to go to school, I quickly stood up and looked through the suitcase that I brought when I left. My new uniform is really impressive, it looks so expensive. I didn’t bother to think about the price as I got them free, 'cos I agreed to go to this school. I quickly went to the bathroom and took a nice cold bath. As I finish I took the towel from the hotel and shrugged it to my body. It was so soft and fragrant. No wonder, this hotel is one of the finest here. I got out of the bathroom completely dry. I wore the uniform, and it was a perfect fit. I looked at myself by the mirror, comb my hair and realized that in this school, I could start a new life.

I walked out of the room with my suitcase where all of my clothes are in, I didn’t want to eat breakfast so I just checked out of the hotel. I asked someone from the hotel for directions, the school wasn’t that far away. It was just a couple of blocks away so I decided to walk. As I passed different stalls, houses, infrastructures and others, I noticed something odd. Besides the fact that the city was so quiet, it feels as if there’s no life existing. When I arrived yesterday, this town was really peaceful and organized, it was quite at night but they were lively when I came, but now, it’s like they’re mourning or something.

I didn’t wanna think about it that much so I continued walking and ignored the dead-silence. Alas, I was at the gate of the school. This school is really big and looks really impressive just by judging it through the outside. The students look normal, besides the fact that they are really organized. I continued walking and tried to look for the Principal’s Office. I had no idea where I was going until I saw this gigantic map posted on the wall near the Bulletin Board. I headed to the Principal’s Office and got my books, pen, notebooks, ID, and even a card which will be my key to my dorm. The principal asked me to join the other students in the convention hall. 

 I followed the Principal’s orders and silently walked to the convention hall, as I was walking, I looked into my ID and realized that I’m on section 3-B, and that the picture used in my ID was the same picture used in my ID before I transferred.

 “Hey! New student here?” –an unknown voice said as it approaches me.

“Yeah.” – I said as I give a shy smile. “You must be the Foreign-Exchange guy? Nice to meet you, I’m Jessica Alberts” - the girl said as she put her hands as if ready to shake hands. “I’m Dylan Summers” – I said.

We arrived at the convention hall together; there were hundreds of students on the convention hall, which makes it very hard to grasp air to breathe. They were all murmuring about something, I just can’t understand what it’s about.

 The microphone’s sound brought my attention to the center stage, the principal was about to talk.

“Good Morning Students!” – the Principal’s opening address. Of course another good morning followed, because the students answered. “Now, you know that this is a special day right? Everyone should be in a good mood.”- The principal said as if there’s a huge party that is about to happen.